Dear Aerofly users,
We have published a new open Alpha version for Aerofly FS 2 on Steam and we need your help testing it. To opt into this alpha version please use the channel ‘alpha’ inside your Steam client.
Use this alpha version at your own risk, it might cause crashes and not all things might work as expected.
This Steam Alpha version introduces some major changes to how airports and places are loaded. We have also completely overhauled our code for the location and navigation menu. All airplanes now use a more sophisticated navigation system. This update does not yet include the EC135 helicopter that we announced a couple of days ago.
Startup time and loading performance has been enhanced for very complex sceneries.
Due to the new structure of how airports and places are organized, some existing user sceneries might not work as they do not follow some guidelines. Mostly they do not use a proper identifier or name inside their TSC file. It is recommended to update those TSC files with corrected values.
We would appreciate any feedback for this new Steam Alpha version.
Please leave your feedback down below and include the tm.log file if you encounter issues, thank you!
- Added Location dialog search by airport icao, iata or name
- Added Location menu map can now zoom in much closer, allowing you to select start positions on the map directly.
- Added Location dialog option to select cold and dark and before engine start aircraft state for aircraft that support it.
- Added Navigation dialog search by airport icao, iata or name
- Added Navigation dialog selection of departures (SIDs), arrivals (STARs) and approaches.
- Added A320, B747, B777, C90GTx, LJ45, B737, Q400 selection of departures, arrivals and approaches from the (M)CDU devices in the cockpit
- Added GPS 430 and GPS 530 option to select SIDs, STARs and approaches (available in Just-Flight aircraft)
- Added LJ45 engines can be shut down (cold and dark startup now available)
- Added A320 engines can be shut down (cold and dark startup now available)
- Added A320 new GPWS callouts: too low flap, too low gear, too low terrain, sinkrate, terrain terrain, pull up, don't sink
- Added A320 new altitude callouts and minimum callouts
- Added A320 new wind, cockpit background and APU sounds
- Added C90GTx EFIS avionics upgrade and several working CDU pages
- Changed Q400 engine control is quicker and on ground the governor now keeps the rotation speed low more aggressively
- Changed B58 more engine power and more inertia
- Changed B58 engine sound improved, volume now varies with power
- Added B58 starter sound
- Added B58 DME hold function
- Added Copilot manages pressurization if no user interaction is made, preventing unnecessary caution messages in the aircraft when there is no destination airport set
- Fixed B777 engines appeared to rotate too slow, visual speed now increased
- Fixed DME time indication now correct after frequency change, without delay