FREE SCENERY FOR EVERYONE

• A personal observation....

Recently I have updated ALL my scenery and yet with my latest upload there has been over 120 views to the scenery page and only a single donation to help flight-sim.org.

In the past before I made a request for a donation towards the site there have been many hundreds of downloads for each upload I made. There are other developers who give generously of their time and work asking nothing in return, maybe a THANK YOU wouldn't go a miss and even a small donation would go towards the electric bill, as this is certainly not for free. Fortunately there are always the few that have shown their appreciation by donations to flight-sim.org to keep this wonderful and needed scenery portal active over the years and hopefully many years to come.

It is something of an eye opener to observe many thousands will be spent on hardware and yet the necessary software to make the hobby a pleasure is begrudged and advantage taken of those who spend many months, years even, to make scenery and the most comments received are asking for more, better this or that, greater areas, more details etc. My wife likened it to someone who spends a fortune on a car but expects the garage to fuel it, upgrade the tyres and navigation system for free. No she doesn't share the hobby but has spent many a lonely time chasing me for meals and to sleep occasionally :)

So to those many flight simmers who over the years have taken scenery downloads for granted I now ask you to think again and if you are able and willing to make a small donation now is the time to do it. As without your support and encouragement this valuable asset may not be here in the future.

Thank you in advance and in the hope you realise the great asset this portal is for our hobby.

Make a donation - Flight-Sim.org

Best wishes, Michael :)

• I made my donation a week or so ago Michael but I have to ask .... The screenies I am seeing with the Falke plane ..... Is that in AFS4 or AFS2? If it is AFS4 is there any way I can get mine flying in there too. I really miss that one from my FS2 days.

• I made my donation a week or so ago Michael but I have to ask .... The screenies I am seeing with the Falke plane ..... Is that in AFS4 or AFS2? If it is AFS4 is there any way I can get mine flying in there too. I really miss that one from my FS2 days.

Thank you for supporting the flight sim community it is greatly appreciated. The pictures are taken from my FS 4 flying the Dark Kitten here is the download link: https://github.com/krzysk1/kitten

Best wishes, Michael :)

Not sure this will work for FS2,:/ but try it anyway.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• A personal observation

There is 1 point which is a bit strange with your system: Normally if I download freeware I install it and fly first and if

I like it I can make a donation. But I've seen what I get before. With your system I'am supposed to pay first and than

see what I get. Regarding your sceneries I know that it's usually good work but it's the wrong kind of sequence.

Nevertheless, I've also downloaded sceneries from others at flightsim.org so I think I will make a donation next weekend.

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• When i download freeware from other places, you can download it, check it out, if you like it, you make a donation, here you pay first, download after, since the download is password protected - In my opinion thats the wrong way to go - Maybe the this website should spilt in two - one for freeware and one for donationware (no access until a donation is made) - Just my 2 cents.

Sincely Jesper

PC Hardware Specs
    -MSI Tomahawk MAX II
    -AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    -32 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
    -AMD RX6600XT 8 GB
    -1xSSD 250 GB Boot
    -1x3 TB Data 7200 RPM
    -1X3 TB Games 7200 RPM
    -1x3 TB X-Plane 7200 RPM
    -31.5" 165 Hz 1080P Gaming Monitor
    -Logitech Stereo Speaker

• Maybe the this website should spilt in two - one for freeware and one for donationware (no access until a donation is made) - Just my 2 cents.

You need to distinguish between donations to keep the flight-sim.org download server running (which IZ0JUB is trying to encourage) and donations to individual devs in recognition of their work, which do not help flight-sim.org, unless the dev chooses to share his or her personal donations with flight-sim.org

Since late 2022 I have made a monthly donation via PayPal of €10 to flight-sim.org. That works out to €2.50 per week, or £2.14, or $4.12 (Australian) for me, and that would not even buy me one 500ml can of good European beer. Think about doing the same, please.

I have also donated to individual devs, but that is a private matter.

• Hi emfrat,

I approve of your comment, and I am also part of it, but there is no need to justify who gives what, or how much, but I also encourage everyone to contribute, as mentioned by Michael IZ0JUB here above.

As a reminder, and for those who still remember, I am partly the bearer of this idea of gifts which came to me one day by chance, but I did not know to what extent it could be created?

This idea was posted right here on this forum, at the beginning of 2019 if I remember correctly, unfortunately at the time, my thread was quickly deleted by Jeff drhotwing1 (IPACS)

And subsequently Jens higgy found the ideal solution to introduce this on Flight-Sim.org

Thank you all, and support the authors and Flight-Sim.org ;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4