Aerofly FS Global for iOS Version 1.0.30 / Android Version 1.01.03.39

• Dear Aerofly GS Global iOS and Android users,

we have uploaded a new version to the App Store and Google Play store for testing purposes. We would like to gather more information on the hardware being used and possibly any crashes. To opt into this temporary public beta please use this link for iOS and this one for Google Android. You require the TestFlight App on your iPhone or iPad for it to work.

Please provide feedback in this thread if possible.

This update does address some performance issues that have been reported since the last update.

If you reply here, please always provide the following information

- Device model
    - iOS or Android version
    - Detailed explanation and steps to reproduce a potential issue or crash

• Device model: iPad 8th gen (2020)

iOS version : 17.3.1

Loaded airport (VHHH) and (WSSS) with Boeing 737-900 and A320. Still it crashes after (initializing ). This same issue was present in the original version.

Edit: before beta, New York, Sydney worked well while loading 737NG and a320. Now in beta, it crashes (same as the mentioned issue).

Edited once, last by boeing_flyer8: Missing words (February 27, 2024 at 6:09 AM).

• I have no problems witz the new beta on my iPadPro_12,5“ with iOS 17.4.beta.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hello, i have installed the beta and it seems by now that the problem is fixed. It is true that the device gets hotter than before, but the frame drops have dissapeared the way happened before.

I will continue testing but it seems by now that the performance problems are fixed or it goes in the right direction.

iPhone 14 pro max

iOS 17.3.1

Problem was: the simulator suddenly drops performance (it goes from 40 to 15/10 fps) seconds later starting the flight.

Graphic settings: screenshot below:

• admin February 27, 2024 at 4:29 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Aerofly FS Global for iOS Version 1.0.25” to “Aerofly FS Global for iOS Version 1.0.29 / Android Version 1.01.03.36”.
  • Device Model: NX729J

This issue remains unresolved even when i installed the beta: see the quote for device info.

To reproduce the issue. simply position the

aircraft where there are buildings, you might

want to start further away to get a better view, set the camera to cockpit view, engine view, or view the buildings from the exterior when a bit further away.

• @Aviator53: That's not really a bug here. What you describe is probably an aliasing and a low resolution depth buffer issue. It could in theory be improved a little by using higher anti aliasing modes, but they have a huge performance penalty. As for the depth buffer we do already request a high precision one, but it seems like it's not available on your device.

But it also looks like you are running way too high quality settings on your device, the videos at least look 'slow'.

• We also published a beta version ( 01.01.03.36 ) for Android. You can get this version here.

Just finished my "Hamburg" to "Odense" flight. Apx 45min.Battery uusage similar ,my settings all of them ultra with %100 pixel. Aircraft lights off and limited frame rate off.

Fps 22~45

Device warm but not throtled. But for the love of god , did you guys do something to clouds? Looks awesome !

• Device model: iPad 8th gen (2020)

iOS version : 17.3.1

Loaded airport (VHHH) and (WSSS) with Boeing 737-900 and A320. Still it crashes after (initializing ). This same issue was present in the original version.

Edit: before beta, New York, Sydney worked well while loading 737NG and a320. Now in beta, it crashes (same as the mentioned issue).

Can you please fix my issue admin sorry to ping you. But, Im unable to fly with any heavy aircrafts like 737,a320, a380 after this beta update.

The app crashes while I would like to spawn on any HD newly added airport (eg: New York, Singapore and hong kong).

• @boeing_flyer8: Your iPad has 3 GB of RAM and we already tried to optimize memory usage in this case. For some reason this isn't enough on your side which is strange. We have an iPhone SE with only 3GB and it runs fine. Can you try to exit all running apps in the background and restart the device. Does that help? Does Aerofly FS run fine in non populated areas, e.g. try the B737 Max 9 over the desert. Does that work?

• Yes I tried all of them.

1st try: closed all the apps from background. Starts Aerofly, I select 737NG and for airport I choose Singapore, initialising and crashes after some seconds.

2nd try: restarted the device, launches Aerofly, i select the same aircraft, this time, I selected Hong Kong, initializing and again crashes.

It’s strange, only those heavy aircrafts like 737, A320 and other heavy aircrafts like A380 only crashes while, I load from any of the HD airports. Small aircrafts like dash 8, baron work well without issues.

Regarding the unpopulated areas, yes, it works well. Even with those heavy aircrafts.

It’s only crashing at heavy or large airports like WSSS, KJFK and some places. It didn’t crash at NZAA, YSSY and some Australian airports . (as well as Mumbai).

• A320_shrek: Please more details. What is the Aerofly FS version. Does the B737 Max crash over sparsely populated area? I assume the issues are the same as with @boeing_flyer8.

The amount of RAM on the iPAD 8 ( 3 GB only ) is not sufficient for complex airports.

I have to partially agree with this.

If so, how come KJFK and some airports like EGLL worked well with those same aircrafts before the 737max update?

I noticed also smth strange in the app is that: the load time increase (this was not present in the pre 737max update).

Second thing, Those heavy aircrafts worked (but, when I load with a small aircraft like baron and then changing to 737 or a320 in the same position).

Other thing I noticed: as shrek mentioned the pushback issue. This wasn’t present before the max update.

I hope you understand the real issue which I am undergoing.