Why is there no Navigraph support yet?

• IPACS should introduce a feature in which we can export our flight plan into simulator/fmc like xplane or msfs there are other 1 or 2 website from which we can make flight plan (free) and export into fmc

Aeroflyer:!:
    150000 Nautical Miles of flying done with Aerofly Global FS 8)
    Bluestacks Emulator

• As I tried to explain, Navigraph is not a solution for all our users because it leaves 95% of all customers behind and would also drive up cost significantly.

I don't think this is really the case, probably many users would subscribe to Navigraph to have a better simulation quality, and well, if people are not satisfied with the price, just create a community and divide the subscription fee between 4 or 5 people and all use it without spending a lot, even if this arrived on Aerofly I would share my subscription with users who don't have the means to subscribe

• Even little navmap, a free open source tool has Navigraph support, so I don´t understand why Aerofly can´t, but again there must be a valid reason behind this.

• Navigation data can be updated from Navigraph. A cycle 1801 database courtesy of navigraph is included in the download and includes navaids, airways, airspaces and procedures.

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

I also don't understand this ill will from IPACS towards Navigraph. It is perfectly viable to bring this support to solve this outdated airac problem once and for all.

• If we only knew the file structure of Aerofly's navigation database. ;)

Obviously navigation concerns the position of VORs, NDBs and fixes, STARs and SIDs, airspaces, the magnetic model of the world and the corresponding name of runways as well as the exact state of airports (ILS, new runways, closed runways, taxiway naming, etc.) and frequencies for navigational aids. I imagine updating all of these into a cohesive model again can be quite tricky, be it by updating the internal model or building a service which updates the model from an external source.

(While building the Missionsgerät I encountered quite a lot of details about navigation which blew my mind.)

But actually it would be very nice to optionally pay for a service which updates these informations.

Hm, or should we start a Kickstarter to ensure funding for the acquisition of new navigation data and/or a Navigraph API importer? ;)

• As we mentioned before, we intend to update our navigation database and we never said we will go only for a specific solution neither did we say we will discard other ones. But it's not a matter that can be decided right away, it requires careful planning and we want to ensure we reach as many users as possible.

Thank you for your reply. As you can see, many users want you to update the navigation data. I think this might be a valuable reply.

But there also a question and suggestion:

On the maps in the game interface "Locations" and "Navigation", the display of airports seems to rely on navigation data. If the ICAO code of an old airport is used by a new airport, the new and old airports will be displayed on the map. But in fact there is only one of the airports, the other is nothingness. From this I speculate that on that map, the navigation data will provide the airport's runway and location information. But if the navigation data is wrong, the airport display will also be wrong. Can something be done to improve this problem? If it's difficult, just pretend I didn't say it.

A txt file about Aerofly FS Global has been sent to your email, please check it, thank you for your hard work.

Thousands of lights such as day, such as a dream, the end of the world at this time. :)

• As we mentioned before, we intend to update our navigation database and we never said we will go only for a specific solution neither did we say we will discard other ones. But it's not a matter that can be decided right away, it requires careful planning and we want to ensure we reach as many users as possible.

But it would be interesting if you contacted Navigraph to find out about the conditions for including this support in Aerofly. It doesn't hurt to make at least one consultation and bring this information here on the forum.

• Just importing a flight plan file from other simulators won't be a solution because we need further information about each waypoint, not just their name and location. It won't tell us the nav-aids that we need to tune for example. This would also mean that in order to use our sim all users need to own another sim, too, that's not an acceptable solution either.

We're not ruling out adding future support for Navigraph Subscription services but it's not a solution to the underlying issue of updating the navigation database once for all users across all platforms. We can try to get in contact with Navigraph to see if we can purchase a newer database from them that we can redistribute along with the simulator at a reasonable cost. But that only works for us if the cost per user is kept small.

I'm going to close this thread here as I feel like we keep repeating ourselves. We have thoroughly explained our reasons I think. And it's difficult to understand from the outside what will work or not.

• I would like to reopen the navigraph issue, which was shared recently. I think this topic has gone on for too long because we are using data from 2013. I don't understand why there will be no updates? You make fun of us whenever we are asked a question about this subject. We are working on it as if we are looking for a solution that will benefit everyone. I think it's very ridiculous. It's like a joke that we are using 2013 data, which has not been updated even once in all these years. For example, instead of building a 737 plane, you could update the nav data. This is so annoying. I don't have any fun playing it. x plane can do it, why can't you? The nav data is not complete yet, you are launching a new plane. Until you do that, update the systems of the 320 aircraft. For example, the (hold, direct, airways) systems are still not working. You haven't updated your data for so many years. Stop voting us, at least as a temporary solution, bring your Navigraph membership, whoever wants to fly with it, it's getting very annoying, you're doing it wrong. I'm so angry

• x plane can do it, why can't you?

What if the way the database is built is such a way that it is fully incompatible with external data like Navigraph?
    Or what if Aerofly is unable to interpret external data (without a deep rework)?

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• What if the way the database is built is such a way that it is fully incompatible with external data like Navigraph?
    Or what if Aerofly is unable to interpret external data (without a deep rework)?

Still, I say that using 2013 data is not acceptable. So far it hasn't changed at least once a year. When we ask, they say they are working on it, but there is no progress. It hasn't changed even once a year. 2013 data is very old, I cannot approach it professionally. The data does not match each other. For example, Sabiha Gökçen has a track 06L 06 R, but there is only 06 in the game, and the track value is actually 059, but it is 061 in the game. Do you understand? I cannot make an approach by looking at the graph from another screen because the data in the game's database is B.C. It has no such validity. Can you tell me how I can enjoy this game? To put it simply, I cannot approach it in a professional manner.

• I would like to reopen the navigraph issue, which was shared recently. I think this topic has gone on for too long because we are using data from 2013. I don't understand why there will be no updates? You make fun of us whenever we are asked a question about this subject. We are working on it as if we are looking for a solution that will benefit everyone. I think it's very ridiculous. It's like a joke that we are using 2013 data, which has not been updated even once in all these years. For example, instead of building a 737 plane, you could update the nav data. This is so annoying. I don't have any fun playing it. x plane can do it, why can't you? The nav data is not complete yet, you are launching a new plane. Until you do that, update the systems of the 320 aircraft. For example, the (hold, direct, airways) systems are still not working. You haven't updated your data for so many years. Stop voting us, at least as a temporary solution, bring your Navigraph membership, whoever wants to fly with it, it's getting very annoying, you're doing it wrong. I'm so angry

some people cant afford navigraph subscription and this will increase the price of game

i would suggest developers to atleast use airac of 2203 which is freely avail on sim brief so everyone can use it plus 2203 isnt too old for airac to be used it works fine

Bluestacks Emulator

• some people cant afford navigraph subscription and this will increase the price of game

i would suggest developers to atleast use airac of 2203 which is freely avail on sim brief so everyone can use it plus 2203 isnt too old for airac to be used it works fine

Look, for example, this is a solution, even if it is temporary, I think it is a logical solution. But they do not understand us and they make fun of us. It is impossible not to update nav data for years. Something that is too old becomes boring. But whenever we ask, they say we are working for you. Now time is up, they need to solve this issue as soon as possible with a solution, even if it is temporary (as you say, it is a logical solution, it may be). It may get an update at least once a year

• I do understand that implementing latest AIRAC for aerofly would require alot of work + developers are already working on many other projects. Moreover not everyone can pay for navigraph subscription but what aerofly can do is to use AIRAC of 2203. It is freely avail on sim brief for users and isnt too outdated.

Bluestacks Emulator