Why is there no Navigraph support yet?

• We are only deleting offensive comments, double postings and off topic replies.

If a comment is reported to us we take a look at it and decide if we can let it slide or if it needs to be deleted.

Sometimes we also remove replies that are off topic an try to derail the conversation. This is not personal by any means nor do we mean to treat someone unfairly by removing a comment.

Our goal is to keep the forum easy to follow for outsiders. Ideally there is always an answer to a question so that you can quickly find the reply that you are looking for. Discussions that keep repeating or quickly derail into a different conversation are quite repetitive and annoying to some, that's why we also sometimes remove double postings or off topic replies.

• We are, but you also have to understand our side. We just can't afford a million dollar database or what ever the current prices are right now. This database being out of date is not an issue if you ask most of the users. Only the top 1% players would notice a difference and most of them are here in the forums because they are dedicated enough to make a user account and check for new posts in the community. But it's far from an average sample of all users. Our estimate is that most users have never created a single navigation route in Aerofly, so how would the majority of users even notice. And then again 90% of the old database is probably still accurate till today and just using the sim alone it's still very accurate and you would not even notice many issues at all, except a few airports where the runway layout has changed. Only if you bring your other apps into play does it become an issue.

Well, you say that Navigraph is used by a small number of users. Will you pay Navigraph to integrate Navigraph into the game? After all, Navigraph is software sold separately. Will there not be a separate page purchase as in the X plan, that is, it does not change the subscription fee. Those who want can fly as before. The part you call 1% also pays for Navigraph membership and enjoys the game, but do you need to pay to integrate Navigraph into the game? Let's say you need to pay. Increasing the subscription fee by 1 dollar means that if there are 20,000 users, you will earn 20,000 euros per month, which is more than enough for the cost of the navigraph. As I said before, Navigraph is a separate software and its subscription will be on a separate page, so it will not affect or even know the part that does not fly professionally. Professionals like us will also subscribe to this and will not hesitate to pay this money. Just integrate it into the game

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)  admin Yes, ipacs, as you can see, everyone here wants this. The subscription I received on the first day of its release ended today and I will not subscribe until I receive data such as navigraph. As I said, since Navigraph is a separately sold software, users who do not want it will not have to buy it. But we want it very much. You see, we are in a desperate situation. we need. If you have done something under the name of global, the data must be up to date so that it is meaningful. Come on, don't break us, bring at least the navigraph integrated and let's fly happily with the latest data, please. User requests should be important to you. You don't need to pay million dollars for Navigraph integration. Users who want to play the game can buy it, it's that simple. Come on, listen to us, we really, really need it. Friends, it's time to unite. Let's show the producers how much we want the navigraph. The more interactions, the more updates. support this comment. Let's succeed together.

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)  admin Yes, ipacs, as you can see, everyone here wants this. The subscription I received on the first day of its release ended today and I will not subscribe until I receive data such as navigraph. As I said, since Navigraph is a separately sold software, users who do not want it will not have to buy it. But we want it very much. You see, we are in a desperate situation. we need. If you have done something under the name of global, the data must be up to date so that it is meaningful. Come on, don't break us, bring at least the navigraph integrated and let's fly happily with the latest data, please. User requests should be important to you. You don't need to pay million dollars for Navigraph integration. Users who want to play the game can buy it, it's that simple. Come on, listen to us, we really, really need it. Friends, it's time to unite. Let's show the producers how much we want the navigraph. The more interactions, the more updates. support this comment. Let's succeed together.

Not everyone wants it. I'm fine using SimBrief and improvising where necessary.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• Not everyone wants it. I'm fine using SimBrief and improvising where necessary.

Go and play on the playground. I'm trying to draw attention here for the benefit of people. I'm trying to pioneer something that hasn't existed for years. If you don't want up-to-date data, you shouldn't subscribe to Navigraph anyway. Aren't you illiterate? Users who do not want to do this do not need to subscribe. separate subscription already navigraph. Are you so rude to interfere with something we're enjoying? Nothing will happen to you. If you don't want it, you can still not subscribe and fly with the old data. I already mentioned it in my article above. It's a matter that doesn't concern you. Why are you blocking us by writing to attract attention? If you don't want to fly professionally, go play on the playground, play in the sandbox, what are you doing in the 320 cockpit?

• Go and play on the playground. I'm trying to draw attention here for the benefit of people. I'm trying to pioneer something that hasn't existed for years. If you don't want up-to-date data, you shouldn't subscribe to Navigraph anyway. Aren't you illiterate? Users who do not want to do this do not need to subscribe. separate subscription already navigraph. Are you so rude to interfere with something we're enjoying? Nothing will happen to you. If you don't want it, you can still not subscribe and fly with the old data. I already mentioned it in my article above. It's a matter that doesn't concern you. Why are you blocking us by writing to attract attention? If you don't want to fly professionally, go play on the playground, play in the sandbox, what are you doing in the 320 cockpit?

You seem defensive, arrogant, and rude. I am clearly not illeterate and I'm not rude. This was no article, but was an irrelevant response to an obsolete thread. What do you mean by "sandbox" and how do you know if I'm in an A320 cockpit. This is a game. Grow up and stop taking this way to seriously. My response was passive, then you have gone to piece together a shakily worded response which is as entertaining to read as gruel. I'm not blocking or grabbing attention. This is a classic example of a petulant child.

-Thekingbuji333

• Go and play on the playground. I'm trying to draw attention here for the benefit of people. I'm trying to pioneer something that hasn't existed for years. If you don't want up-to-date data, you shouldn't subscribe to Navigraph anyway. Aren't you illiterate? Users who do not want to do this do not need to subscribe. separate subscription already navigraph. Are you so rude to interfere with something we're enjoying? Nothing will happen to you. If you don't want it, you can still not subscribe and fly with the old data. I already mentioned it in my article above. It's a matter that doesn't concern you. Why are you blocking us by writing to attract attention? If you don't want to fly professionally, go play on the playground, play in the sandbox, what are you doing in the 320 cockpit?

Okay this is really getting annoying, they gave a perfectly detailed explanation on why they can't implement navigraph at the moment. They explained everything very clearly,what's so hard to comprehend???

• You seem defensive, arrogant, and rude. I am clearly not illeterate and I'm not rude. This was no article, but was an irrelevant response to an obsolete thread. What do you mean by "sandbox" and how do you know if I'm in an A320 cockpit. This is a game. Grow up and stop taking this way to seriously. My response was passive, then you have gone to piece together a shakily worded response which is as entertaining to read as gruel. I'm not blocking or grabbing attention. This is a classic example of a petulant child.

The developers have just brought two excellent planes to the simulator and you keep asking for more and more planes knowing that this is hard, time-consuming and difficult work. I think the only annoying person in the story here is you with these absurd and out of context requests.

• The developers have just brought two excellent planes to the simulator and you keep asking for more and more planes knowing that this is hard, time-consuming and difficult work. I think the only annoying person in the story here is you with these absurd and out of context requests.

I don't frequently ask: name one instance other than supporting a user-led A330.

Stop glazing the developers. Yesterday, even Jan reacted as "confused" to

The developers have just brought two excellent planes to the simulator and you keep asking for more and more planes knowing that this is hard, time-consuming and difficult work. I think the only annoying person in the story here is you with these absurd and out of context requests.

and others have remarked at the invalidity of your remarks, such as here:

If it's not a new plane it will be something else. Not sure they take time to breath.

You just like to ruin threads, so stop interjecting for attention. And in addition, you're weak and have admitted defeat by deleting your previous post in an apparent act of cowardice.

And your spamming about Navigraph is getting annoying.

To put it simply: You're annoying and always have been and I'm not the only person who thinks so. There is a clear reason why I've just blocked you.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited once, last by Thekingbuji333 (March 5, 2024 at 4:49 AM).

• We are, but you also have to understand our side. We just can't afford a million dollar database or what ever the current prices are right now. This database being out of date is not an issue if you ask most of the users. Only the top 1% players would notice a difference and most of them are here in the forums because they are dedicated enough to make a user account and check for new posts in the community. But it's far from an average sample of all users. Our estimate is that most users have never created a single navigation route in Aerofly, so how would the majority of users even notice. And then again 90% of the old database is probably still accurate till today and just using the sim alone it's still very accurate and you would not even notice many issues at all, except a few airports where the runway layout has changed. Only if you bring your other apps into play does it become an issue.

I may be wrong but I think supporting Navigraph in your sim doesn't mean you have to purchase the data yourself from them to redistribute it to all your customers, as far as I know you only need to become a Navigraph developer, develop for them in your sim using their tools and they will provide the data (in your own format) to the authorized end users, the ones with an active paid subscription who as a big number of subscribers (regardless if they use MSFS, X.plane or Aerofly) are the ones that "pay" for the whole current Navigraph data.

Correct me if I am wrong but at least that is what I understood from here:

The Navigraph Model | Navigraph Developer Portal
    A description of the way that Navigraph authorizes access to its services, free of charge for any developers.
    developers.navigraph.com
  • I may be wrong but I think supporting Navigraph in your sim doesn't mean you have to purchase the data yourself from them to redistribute it to all your customers, as far as I know you only need to become a Navigraph developer, develop for them in your sim using their tools and they will provide the data (in your own format) to the authorized end users, the ones with an active paid subscription who as a big number of subscribers (regardless if they use MSFS, X.plane or Aerofly) are the ones that "pay" for the whole current Navigraph data.

Correct me if I am wrong but at least that is what I understood from here:

https://developers.navigraph.com/docs/general/navigraph-model

As I said this matches about 1% if not less of our total users. The majority of our users don't know what Navigraph is and are not willing to pay an extra 50 or 100 bugs per year on top of our somewhat affordable global scenery subscription just to see updated navigation data which makes a very small difference for the actual flight.

By320 lover please read my previous replies in this thread which explains why a Navigraph subscription support may not be needed or even possible, we just need a single new database for purchase not for rent. Does not matter if we can get this database from Navigraph, if they sell it at all, or from somewhere else.

• The low price of the global scenery subscription on mobile is considered a huge selling point, especially when yearly plans like Infinite Flight can cost a pretty penny. I feel like the switch to Navigraph would loose a lot of users that bought the yearly subscription because of the big increase of price, me included.

• The low price of the global scenery subscription on mobile is considered a huge selling point, especially when yearly plans like Infinite Flight can cost a pretty penny. I feel like the switch to Navigraph would loose a lot of users that bought the yearly subscription because of the big increase of price, me included.

You would most likely have a separate Navigraph subscription and our Global Scenery subscription. And only those with a Navigraph subscription and the global subscription would have up to date database which can cause all kinds of issues we will not be able to reproduce as we described earlier in the thread.

• which makes a very small difference for the actual flight

But today, there are RNAV approaches that bring you to the threshold of the runway (Aspen, Innsbruck, Madeira, ...).

The essential is to understand that Navigraph will never be embedded to Aerofly FS 4 and probably not to a future Aerofly FS 5.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited 2 times, last by FrankLFRS (March 5, 2024 at 8:56 AM).

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)  admin Yes, ipacs, as you can see, everyone here wants this. …

Please respect that I have not written anything on this topic. That’s why I don’t want to be included in “everyones” without being asked.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• In my opinion, the topic of this thread has been mentioned often and intensively and has reached IPACS in this way. So now we just have to wait for the implementation according to the motto "Grass doesn't grow faster if you pull it".

I can understand that some people want a quick solution. But it is at IPACS' discretion as to when and how it will be implemented. FS 4 and FS Global can still be used and offer flying fun.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Maybe we should start a survey. IPACS does what you think is right, you can make suggestions but you also have to respect IPACS' views.

Keep in mind that even a survey would only reach a certain group of participants. If we did a survey here in the forums with only a few hundred participants it's in no way a representative sample of all users. This is why users in the forums think that "all users" want this, because they only interact with people in the forum.