Aerofly FS 2 Screenshot Thread

• Really nice to have the Developer Camera available... you get some new angles

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/vZF05GL.jpg]

Still really clunky to use: to move a cm up, down, left or right, you have to fly the camera backward, pan a little, and then fly forward again to where you think you wanted to be.

It would make life a lot easier to be able to move U/D and L/R, and so make better quicker screens for your enjoyment! :)

EDIT: Wonder why the forum doesn't display the image?

If you edit the post, it shows up, but returns to just the link when submitted.

• BelGeode Takes a look at Chicago and the Vulkan update

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• Really nice to have the Developer Camera available... you get some new angles

If you would have said it was a real picture I would have believed it.

The controls are a bit limited indeed but in the end you can get anywhere you want to. Hopefully some more controls will be added in the future.

• Parked her, "shut her down" by just turning off all the electrics one by one. Really nice to have a dark cockpit in the Learjet now, that adds quite a lot to the immersion I think. I no longer just leave the aircraft right after I've arrived at the parking spot, I usually find myself turning everything off first :D

Popped outside for a quick "walk around" with the new public developer camera.

I like this new repaint, I think it's my new favorite.

• You mean the cold and dark state of the default Cessna? My mod isn't called cold and dark anymore since the default cessna is also cold and dark now!

The Q400 is "cold", the Pitts is "cold and dark", the baron is "cold", the Learjet 45 is also "cold". So it's not only the Cessna, we've made some good progress on other aircraft, too. But I know what you mean. The reason is that the engines are still running is because we want to do this properly, which takes time. Time that would delay the helicopter and ATC right now. But we hear you :)

It's hard because it involves thermodynamics and requires real world data of compressors and turbines which are not easy to come by.

• Having been away from FS2 for awhile, I took a quick flight in the Lear the other day as I was checking out the Vulkan update. After parking her, I attempted a "quick" engine shutdown via the fuel cutoff valves. When that didn't work, I just assumed there was still no "cold and dark" state. I should have known better than to do that, lol:D. Fuel shutoff is usually the LAST step.

I agree, beautiful paint scheme!

That is why I put that in quotes... You can turn off all electrics though, which is what I meant.

• Video by progrmr :)

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• A trip back in Norway (close to ENZV).

Oh my goodness! Norway! My favorite country! How did you manage to get this done? I want this too! Now! Did you create this with GeoConvert? What source did you use? If this is possible to create all by yourself I might look at GeoConvert after all...

If only you could share this scenery...!

• Somewhere in Czech Republic (Next to LKPN Letkov, east of Plzen)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Interesting Vid from John Costa

Devons rig

• Did you see my tutorial how to download elevation data from Norway?

please see here:

Creating terrain heightmaps

Cheers,

Thomas

I've had break from Aerofly FS2 an extended period. I notice that much exciting has happened. And I note that you are a great resource for the community. Thank you so much for your interesting information regarding Norway. :thumbup: