A slightly different way of letting IPACS know how patient we really are.

• I kept checking in on the forums but, it things seem to be in a sort of lull. This could be something big is about to be introduced, or it could mean folks are watching football or golf, or maybe even flying. So, I was thinking to myself, what could or would it be, should a big announcement be made on Tuesday or Thursday or one day soon.

Could it be . . . . .

a. IPACS announces beta release of the long awaited ATC, or,

b. IPACS announces full release of Aerofly FS 2, please turn in your beta release cards, or

c. IPACS announces new DLC for United Kingdom, or

d. IPACS announces two new helicopters and the crowd goes wild, or

e. IPACS announces most Lakes, Rivers, Seas, and Oceans are now filled with Water, or

f. IPACS announces two new seaplanes, or

g. IPACS announces totally new weather with ice and rain, or

h. IPACS announces the Cultivator program enabling users to add vegetation and 3d objects to scenery, or

i. IPACS announces Airport Builder that uses Blender, a freeware 3d program, or

j. IPACS announces new High Definition Mesh for Norway, Hawaii, Austria, and the Caribbean Islands, or

k. IPACS announces low resolution DLC worldwide, hundreds of new airports are included, or

l. IPACS announces fully interactive Multi Player feature, or

m. IPACS announces full support for Saitek and Go Flight hardware, or

n. IPACS announces Jeff has completed his Key West Scenery project and is available for immediate download, or

o. IPACS announces new Bush/Backcountry Planes, a Beaver, two floatplanes, and a Super Cub, or

p. IPACS announces new C-130 Hercules, with 5 models including J model or,

q. IPACS announces they have now discovered how to remove trees from freeways and lakes, or

r. IPACS announces upgraded static aircraft and full AI functionality controlled by users, or

s. IPACS announces full networking capability with sim connect and proprietary AFUIPC, or

t. IPACS announces Ground Services, working gates, pushbacks, follow me, or

u. IPACS announces Orbx will soon release patch for expanded Chicago scenery area, or

v. IPACS announces that Orbx is actively working on a Pacific Northwest DLC, or

w. IPACS announces night lighting, shadows, improved clouds, wave action and environmental sounds, or

x. IPACS announces clickable full cockpits for A320 and Learjet 45 including FMS and throttle detents, or

y. IPACS announces active Avatar, with walk around, and cockpit capabilities, or

z. IPACS announces the CoPilot feature is now working and is voice activated with call outs.

Now, all you have to do is reply with your order of preference with your wish list priorities. ie. :rolleyes:

f, n, o, i, d, q, r, e, a.

OK, let see what it really important to us. :whistling:

Regards,

Ray

• No matter what they announce or release, we will be soooooooooo over it three weeks later and asking whats next. :P :/:D

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Edited once, last by HiFlyer (September 17, 2017 at 5:54 AM).

• They could know how patient you are by simply playing Aerofly FS2. Then they will see on the Steam stats that there are people playing it. It's good for what it is and there's more to come on this early-access journey. We've told them over and over again what we want and its obvious flight sim stuff. Just let them do their thing and enjoy what you've got.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Just let them do their thing and enjoy what you've got.

I fully agree. The more time the team waste repeating themselves to continues repetitious questions, the longer it's going to take to implement what we would like.

By all means, report errors but the wish lists are getting a bit boring.

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Omg, most people with such a to do list would simply give up, emigrate to india or nepal and live there a monks life. I hope the ipacs people won't.

Regards,

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Generally I do agree and out of the 26 points Ray mentioned there's not a single important one, except ATC, for me.

In case of the external camera question I had to bump it because I don't even know if someone from IPACS even read it as there has been no reply since more than a month.

You don't think weather and lights on the ground at night are important? Those are my two biggies. Give me those and ATC and I will not ask for anything more.

• You don't think weather and lights on the ground at night are important? Those are my two biggies. Give me those and ATC and I will not ask for anything more.

I am not asking for any of those items, well it would be nice to have the trees removed from the streets, I am just making it easy to see and hear what is important, or not important to the user community during a slow announcement period.

I fully agree that night lighting, weather and ATC are important items. Rodeo is probably putting the final touches on a tutorial for adding nightlighting to get us started on a few areas.

Yep,I did indeed miss the upcoming announcement of the flight planner, saved flight plans, better approach paths, and avoiding smashes into the mountainsides.

Regards,

Ray

• I think part of the point of the original post, as least as I read it, was to point out just how much is not in the sim yet, and how patient we loyal customers have been and will continue to be. Frankly I don't see how such a small team will ever be able to provide all of the things that have been promised or at least implied as coming in the future before even THIS wonderful system will be obsolete.

And I don't WANT everything that we get in other sims, as long as the experience is so thrilling. Even nine months after purchase I still get amazed at how FS 2 can make me feel in VR. I never expect global coverage to be available because it will be too storage intensive. Instead, I have been concentrating on making scenery "strips" that allow me to recreate flight plans that I want to fly. As Geoconvert continues to improve that experience will only get better.

But there are still obvious things the sim lacks, and realistic clouds is one of them. There is no doubt that the clouds as they are now is a turnoff for many would-be users. I like flying at night, so for me a way to add night lighting will be very welcome. It also still needs a real fuel system and mixture controls for the prop planes.

And of course that Holy Grail, the ATC system will be a crowning glory. They seem to have been toiling away on it for a year, so I am sure that it will be the best that is available in a desk top flight sim.

Love the sim, spend 98% of my flight simming time with it, and will never abandon it. But it doesn't hurt to be honest about what can make the best even better!

• Love the sim, spend 98% of my flight simming time with it, and will never abandon it. But it doesn't hurt to be honest about what can make the best even better!

That's how I feel about it. Since Aerofly is early access, and we are essentially beta testers, we would be really poor ones if we were ever anything less than completely honest, both good and bad, about what we think about the sim and its progress.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Edited once, last by HiFlyer (September 17, 2017 at 8:07 PM).

• You don't think weather and lights on the ground at night are important? Those are my two biggies. Give me those and ATC and I will not ask for anything more.

Not IMO. Flying an approach in bad weather in and out of clouds and dropping out of the clouds at the minimum is already a very nice and realistic experience.

I'm not using Aerofly FS2 at night as there's not much in FS2, no landing lights, nothing. X-plane 11 is definitely king of night time lighting.

The approach lights would look very realistic.....but only if you would be flying through very heavy rain with inop wipers.

There would be a lot to do for the IPACS staff to achieve a realistic night flying experience.

I fully agree with 105OE on that one. Night is the only real XPlane strength and I don't really see the point in putting heavy resources to implement a "dimmed light" mode in Aerofly FS2 just like the night in FSX/P3D, it's so way-off.

Personally I don't even see the point in ATC as long as we're alone in the sim. It may bring something if the ATC module works with voice recognition, even if most such ATC modules already available for FSX/P3D are quite average (VoxATC and others). ATC is great when flying on network with human service providers, and there it's much better to radio over dedicated com apps like TeamSpeak and work with assigned radio channel frequencies...

There are so many basics that are lacking to Aerofly FS2 to make a successful open architecture, before to concentrate on details like clickable buttons in an Airbus. The base is very good for a general aviation simulator, it should be finalized in this direction first IMO.

My 2 cents

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Well the priority for direct control of Nav Radios and OBS/Course selection seems to be in a 'Not Interested in the Least' box.

That is only an issue in the A320 and B747. The rest of the aircraft can already do this. And I'm working on a solution for those two aircraft, stay tuned.

• I would like to see some movement along the streets, highways, and train tracks. I like to fly into LOWI just to see the one train leaving town and the bus and peopleflow on the ramp.

The lack of AI aircraft is very noticable and the number and selection of static aircraft could use some serious attention.

Regards,

Ray