• As a heads up, I tried the An2 but when I placed the plane within the Aerofly aircraft folder, it did not appear in the available choices when the sim was started. Taking a look, I noticed that the downloaded folder, An2-Master apparently violated the Aerofly naming conventions, and it only appeared within Aerofly once the folder was renamed An2

A good tip is to rename each of the aircraft folders with the -master in the folder name. Not all work, but most do. Also check that you move the active folder to the path directly under "aircraft",

Ray

Has anyone been successful in getting the Beech D-18 (Twin Beech) loaded and flying in FS2? I tried a couple of tricks but was not successful. I get the Cessna 172.

Regards,

Ray

• Has anyone been successful in getting the Beech D-18 (Twin Beech) loaded and flying in FS2? I tried a couple of tricks but was not successful. I get the Cessna 172.

1) fixed

No external sound. Interior yes, but those two big R-985 Wasp Jrs are totally silent.

Regards,

Ray

• So far, if there is any consistent thing to be looked at, its that all of the planes I have tested thus far have really shiny interiors.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Landing gear button closes canopy

Sorry but that is a no-go. That would mean that depending on the situation that you load (takeoff, clean, landing) the canopy will be open or closed. Also when you switch from one aircraft to the other the canopy would be in the position that the last aircraft's gear was.... that is not gonna work. It's gonna cause issues and unintended behavior in numerous places.

• So far, if there is any consistent thing to be looked at, its that all of the planes I have tested thus far have really shiny interiors.

That can be fixed pretty easily in Max.

Apply the shader "standard interior". Pure white ambient texture and pure black specular, specular_alpha and reflection. That is what I'm using as a starting point. From there I'm working forward to get the right birghtness, reflections where needed, etc.

Kai

• That can be fixed pretty easily in Max.

Apply the shader "standard interior". Pure white ambient texture and pure black specular, specular_alpha and reflection. That is what I'm using as a starting point. From there I'm working forward to get the right birghtness, reflections where needed, etc.

Kai

Thanks Kai.

This is what it is going to take - several active developers all making contributions for the common goal.

Regards,

Ray

Sorry but that is a no-go. That would mean that depending on the situation that you load (takeoff, clean, landing) the canopy will be open or closed. Also when you switch from one aircraft to the other the canopy would be in the position that the last aircraft's gear was.... that is not gonna work. It's gonna cause issues and unintended behavior in numerous places.

So Jan,

Can you suggest a standard for open/Close canopy for the fleet to avoid conflicts?

Ray

Another problem is the “aggressive interference” by the current CoPilot by applying brakes at inopportune time like takeoffs and landings. Most of the new tailwheelers are not flyable due to this insane decision.

I suggest the IPACS decision makers solicit some input from real world pilots prior to making these unexpected command decisions. If not, then as a minimum I would like to see some sort of graphic (pop Up) that shows the background is interfereing with me flying the plane. A simple Brakes On indicator as you reduce power to flare would be sufficient.

I know that in the real world that CoPilot would never fly with me again. Avoiding ground loops is hard enough without introducing something stupid like applying a unexpected wheel brake at the moment of touch down or as I an making a takeoff run from the back tandem seat. Unbelievable!

And starting a takeoff run with the brakes applied by the CoPilot is just never going to catch on. When the CoPilot intentionally makes the captain or instructor look stupid I suggest he be replaced with an empty seat with no authority.

I know you should never make posts when mad, so I will prepare a “position paper” just in case this is deleted too quickly.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Ray,

Just copy paste it from other aircraft. We have multiple aircraft where you can open a canopy, use the exact same message and it will work as soon as we add a shortcut for them. The clickspot should obviously be added to allow opening the canopy in the mean time.

The copilot does not interfere with the brakes until the speed drops to near stand still. If it does something during takeoff in our default aircraft then please let us know about that! If it's just user models then the designer of that user model should check if all the senders are there, e.g. sender for the body, sender for airspeed and altitude, also the telemetry object at the very beginning should have a valid Body and all input should be set correctly - Only then it is possible for aerofly to send correct data to all peripherals, including the copilot that holds the brakes when aircraft stopped.

The copilot lets go of the brakes as soon as throttle is increased above 1% or so. If he doesn't do that then the sender for the throttle position is probably missing in the user made aircraft.

• Hi Ray,

Just copy paste it from other aircraft. We have multiple aircraft where you can open a canopy, use the exact same message and it will work as soon as we add a shortcut for them. The clickspot should obviously be added to allow opening the canopy in the mean time.

The copilot does not interfere with the brakes until the speed drops to near stand still. If it does something during takeoff in our default aircraft then please let us know about that! If it's just user models then the designer of that user model should check if all the senders are there, e.g. sender for the body, sender for airspeed and altitude, also the telemetry object at the very beginning should have a valid Body and all input should be set correctly - Only then it is possible for aerofly to send correct data to all peripherals, including the copilot that holds the brakes when aircraft stopped.

The copilot lets go of the brakes as soon as throttle is increased above 1% or so. If he doesn't do that then the sender for the throttle position is probably missing in the user made aircraft.

I'm sure that is the case with these new user developed aircraft because it is only present in them and not the default C172. It sounds like an extreme amount of checking and double checking all those "sender" settings. I would like to see a way to just turn off the CoPilot actions for awhile 'til we can figure it out. Surely that should be possible.

It is so difficult to land and takeoff with the brakes being applied by the copilot without any warning. :rolleyes::/=O

Thanks.

Ray

• There must to other actions in play that causes the CoPilot to apply brakes. The Airspeed and Throttle senders are already present in the UserPlanes TMD files. :(

Regards,

Ray

Technically you can already enable it via the overlay interface, works just like in the mobile version. But we haven't fully announced it as a feature for the desktop.

But, can you also disable it via the overlay interface? I am getting unwanted actions without ever engaging the CoPilot when flying some of the new user built aircraft.

Ray

• But, can you also disable it via the overlay interface? I am getting unwanted actions without ever engaging the CoPilot when flying some of the new user built aircraft.

Ray

Normally it does nothing in the background. There is also a copilot.tmc file in each aircraft folder, which specifies weather the aircraft has parking brakes or not or weather it's a taildragger, flap speeds, etc. so that the copilot "knows" how to handle the aircraft.

In which aircraft are you experiencing issues?

• There are no swimmer physics, I have not added these floats, I don't know.