Just Flight now supporting Aerofly FS 2

• We are pleased and honored to announce that Just Flight will be releasing their very first add-on aircraft to our already extensive fleet. The Duchess Model 76 is deep in development. This will be the very first aircraft developed by a professional development studio outside of our default aircraft and helicopter.

This is worth a keeping an eye on.

For more information be sure to check out the Just Flight website

:

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I have been selected to write the flight review and will be receiving an early development copy so I can get a head start on the evaluation. The Beech Duchess started with a very bright future but the had some poor timing. The economic downturn of 1983 that almost killed Cessna did stop all production of the Duchess. Still a very popular multi-engine trainer and a good cross-country 4 seater.

This one is more true-to-life than most. The inhouse Just Flight design team has full access to two local Duchess' for measurements and details. So you can expect the look and feel of a well-used aircraft with authentic sounds.

Stay tuned. More to come.

Regards,

Ray

• I know it is still early in the process, but do we know if the repaint tools will be adapted to accommodate the Duchess? I know that the FS version from Just Flight came with a blank white texture for repaints, which was better than nothing, but if we are not able to integrate the textures to the model then that won't be of much help.

• I know it is still early in the process, but do we know if the repaint tools will be adapted to accommodate the Duchess? I know that the FS version from Just Flight came with a blank white texture for repaints, which was better than nothing, but if we are not able to integrate the textures to the model then that won't be of much help.

I am expecting the same 10 liveries that came with the P3D edition. I will express our desire for a full paint kit as early as I can.

Regards,

Ray

• This one is more true-to-life than most. The inhouse Just Flight design team has full access to two local Duchess' for measurements and details. So you can expect the look and feel of a well-used aircraft with authentic sounds.

For those who didn't see it: check this comparison picture! The panel is an exact copy of the real deal!

12738-duchess-comparison-jpg

I am looking forward to your findings, Ray! Specially when it comes to system depths! Let's hope the AFS2 version will be a 100% copy of the P3D version because that would mean a giant leap forward when it comes to planes in AFS2! Concerning the sounds: I hope Just Flight will find a way to add stereo sounds to AFS2!

• Yes ! And let's hope all the liveries (like in P3D) will be there.... In the Justflight first Aerofly fs1 Duchess Add-on, there was ONLY the G-BZRT (red white) livery like in the present screenshots... Thank you in advance for your loobying job ;)

• We can speculate ‘til the cows come home, but until the project is complete we will still be guessing. Because the JF internal design team is the developer there is probably more latitude on how much time and effort will be spent on the IPACS learning curve.

Because the Duchess is primarily a trainer I suspect those items required to earn a multi-engine rating will receive the most attention. Failures is at the top of that list, closely followed by fuel and engine management.

It helps that the Duchess has been an in-house project for several years. The team should know the capabilities but the unknown is how quickly they can adapt to the IPACS language.

Regards,

Ray

• It's great to see 3rd party developers coming on board and I'll certainly support this one even though I generally have little interest in this type of plane personally. It can only be a good thing for the sim, and I'm sure it will open my eyes to the joys of general aviation craft.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Indeed, this is great news. Am hoping they port over their other aircraft as well.

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64