POI List? (Wiki Now Live!)

• My apologies if this is FAQ, but is there a list of interesting POI's to visit in the AF2 world?

I love exploring, but it'd be nice to know of some cool places to visit. For example, I just randomly went and took a look at Las Vegas in the R22 and it's a pretty terrific experience, especially in VR, yet I only stumbled upon it by accident. Likewise with one of the Grand Canyon airports (forgotten the name already lol). Really detailed airport with people and vehicles. Again, just found by accident.

If there isn't one, I'm happy to start one :)

• In Aerofly I find it hard to know what scenery I have installed and where the boundaries of that scenery are.

When you zoom in to the Aerofly map you see the airports, but I have a hard time knowing where to zoom in. e.g. "Where exactly is Eagle County airport on a US map"? I often end up taking my VR headset off and using Google Maps on my phone to find a place.

I've been considering writing an "Aerofly Flight Planner" app that parses scenery files and airports and draws the boundaries of that scenery on a Google map and puts maps markers on an airport. Even from a zoomed out view you'd see outlines of scenery areas.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• I've been considering writing an "Aerofly Flight Planner" app that parses scenery files and airports and draws the boundaries of that scenery on a Google map and puts maps markers on an airport. Even from a zoomed out view you'd see outlines of scenery areas.

That'd be very useful. I know I've harped on about this before, but it still surprises me that Aerofly have provided all of this beautiful scenery to fly around and the only way of finding the good stuff is by luck. Much easier to explore third party scenery as the devs generally quantify what it is you're getting.

• That'd be very useful. I know I've harped on about this before, but it still surprises me that Aerofly have provided all of this beautiful scenery to fly around and the only way of finding the good stuff is by luck. Much easier to explore third party scenery as the devs generally quantify what it is you're getting.

Based on a sample of 1 my idea is validated!

The app could have a user contributed sightseeing POI list in it also.

Let's see what I can whip up in the next couple of weeks. Should be a lot easier than AeroScenery.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• + a map (the own map in AFS2) that you can detach from the flightscreen and move(and preferable enlarge to full screen) to a 2nd monitor should

be very helpful....already asked nearly 2 years ago as I was starting flightsimming via AFS2 next to others(FSX,P3D,XP) that well have this possibility.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• There's absolutely loads to find. It would be a huge task. For instance have you visited Area 51?

Nope! What's the best route in?

Thanks for the tip, but this is kinda my point. There's probably tons of good stuff, but finding it is an issue. I'm all for just flying around and exploring, so long as I know something is going to be there. Flying for hours over similar landscapes in the hope of stumbling across stuff is not so much fun.

If there was a list (and you'd think the people who put them there would know where they are :)) might actually bring more people to the sim.

• Well 'Area 51' is actually marked on the map as an airfield. (see attachment) The ground textures are really rough but there's a couple of really good things to spot. One in the base and one out in the desert. Best seen in the helicopter. Half the fun is stumbling across these things. Hoover Dam is good too. You can just google where that is.

• psionmark February 12, 2020 at 5:48 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “POI List?” to “POI List? (Wiki Now Live!)”.
  • Hi Psionmark,

Nice idea, and thank you for sharing.

I'm not sure what the size criteria is meant for, I'd suggest instead the main runway type and size, but that's for sure more work to fill in.

Regarding details : there's a typo at Grenchen and you forgot several Swiss places like LSGY Yverdon-les-Bains, LSGB Bex, LSGN Neuchâtel, ... ;)

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Thanks for the corrections and omissions :)

That's part of the reason I created this - it's easy to miss stuff, as I've already proven 8o