Which Airliner do you want? (Vote)

• The reason for choosing A350-1000 is because it can be cut into -900, rather than what the user wants, what the airline likes, and what the user wants 737-800. Why hasn't IPACS produced it?

infact 737-800 could easily be made as no cockpit work needed just bit of change of physics

Aeroflyer:!:
    150000 Nautical Miles of flying done with Aerofly Global FS 8)
    Bluestacks Emulator

• infact 737-800 could easily be made as no cockpit work needed just bit of change of physics

There are several differences between the 737-900ER and 737-800 like the mid exit doors and indicators in the cockpit for them, auxiliary fuel pump switches, etc. It's not an identical cockpit but it's very similar, yes. Some work would be needed.

We have prepared a system that allows us to create different variants of an aircraft more easily, using the "base" subfolder. This system has already been rolled out but so far only the 737 NG and 737 MAX actually use it. The engines and several systems are changed between the two aircraft and we only need to implement the changes between the aircraft once. This will speed up the process by a lot.

Of course we still need to create new liveries for all new aircraft variants, which is the most time consuming thing that still needs to be done.

• There are several differences between the 737-900ER and 737-800 like the mid exit doors and indicators in the cockpit for them, auxiliary fuel pump switches, etc. It's not an identical cockpit but it's very similar, yes. Some work would be needed.

We have prepared a system that allows us to create different variants of an aircraft more easily, using the "base" subfolder. This system has already been rolled out but so far only the 737 NG and 737 MAX actually use it. The engines and several systems are changed between the two aircraft and we only need to implement the changes between the aircraft once. This will speed up the process by a lot.

Of course we still need to create new liveries for all new aircraft variants, which is the most time consuming thing that still needs to be done.

What variants could/would be implemented?

The reason for choosing A350-1000 is because it can be cut into -900, rather than what the user wants, what the airline likes, and what the user wants 737-800. Why hasn't IPACS produced it?

I prefer smaller variants, with the exception of the -900ER. I fly them at least six times per year so I enjoy flying them in the sim too.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Thekingbuji333 into this post. (February 26, 2024 at 2:57 PM).

• There are several differences between the 737-900ER and 737-800 like the mid exit doors and indicators in the cockpit for them, auxiliary fuel pump switches, etc. It's not an identical cockpit but it's very similar, yes. Some work would be needed.

I'm not pestering or specifically asking for it, but how long do you think the development of an A330 would take? Would it be simpler because A320 cockpit components can be reused?

-Thekingbuji333

• I'm not pestering or specifically asking for it, but how long do you think the development of an A330 would take? Would it be simpler because A320 cockpit components can be reused?

It’s a good question.
    I know the A320 comes from Aerosoft, and so it is a special case in Aerofly. Today, how much it has been “aeroflized”?

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Regarding paintings, I say and repeat that releasing the folders for us users to do ourselves would greatly speed up the process, I myself was a creator of paintings for Xplane mobile and I would be open to making painting suggestions from users

• I'm not pestering or specifically asking for it, but how long do you think the development of an A330 would take? Would it be simpler because A320 cockpit components can be reused?

Regardless if it's an A330, A350, ERJ or what ever we decide, as long as it's not the same aircraft type it's pretty much always going to require a new 3D model. This takes several month and new systems also need to be implemented usually. I'd guess about a year due to the complexity and quality we aim for. That's if we decide to start on a new aircraft... this is all not decided yet. We also have other plans besides aircraft 8o

• Honestly I think the A330 would be the best next addition to aerofly.

Aside from the lack of GA planes or regional jets (i mean we still have the Learjet and CRJ900 - on that note it would be cool if a CRJ700 could be built from the 900 as well since this is the stance that IPACS takes with new aircraft: making the longer variant first then shorter ones later), it seems about time the sim gets another Airbus widebody given that we only have the A380 as a long haul Airbus right now compared to the 777, 78X and 747.

Also provided this is the -300 we’re talking about and not the -200 series, the A330 could be built with pretty much the A320 interior and systems, either PW4000 or Trent 700 engines, plus this plethora of operators to pick liveries from:

Delta

Qantas

Air Asia/X

KLM

Air France

American Airlines (ik they don’t fly anymore but I’d love an AA 330)

South African Airlines (also operators of the A340…)

Cathay Pacific

Aer Lingus

Air Canada

Air China

Yeah that’s pretty much it. Hope we get an A330 in the near future, it’s almost all that’s missing from aerofly in terms of airliners and wide bodies, maybe then except the 350 either -900 or -1000 version

• I FULLY AGREE. I've underlined liveries that I love.

I love the PW4000s but realistically the CF6s would probably get made since they already have external modelling and their sounds could be added to the B747, which has unrealistic engine sounds.

-Thekingbuji333

• What makes the A330 so interesting for you? Why not the A350?

Yes, one is a large A320 and the other is a smaller A350. But the A350 is more modern. Is it more the smaller size of the A330 that makes it attractive to you?

Can the A350 do this? :P

From my view, I’ve got good faith that Aerofly can correctly design the A330’s landing gears so that smooth landings like these are possible. I don’t feel as if other mobile simulators (you know who) have done the A330’s landing gears correctly.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As much as I love the A330 and have flown it many times with Iberia from Spain to the US, I have to say the A350 is amazing and much more modern and advanced, it’s currently the future of aviation along with the 787. I’d rather get the A350, either -1000 or -900 variant and wait a bit longer for the a330, which is already available on xplane. If ipacs releases an A330 (which is already on xplane with interactive cockpit), it won’t attract as much attention as an A350 with a fully interactive cockpit. The A350 is a big selling point

• What makes the A330 so interesting for you? Why not the A350?

Yes, one is a large A320 and the other is a smaller A350. But the A350 is more modern. Is it more the smaller size of the A330 that makes it attractive to you?

A330 has many Liveries and its more old school airbus.It would take less time to develop then A350. Personally i would prefer 350 or 330-300 any of them. If users are lucky to get both of them at same time it would be best update for aerofly ever 😜 ( bonus update would be releasing freighter version of that )

Aeroflyer:!:
    150000 Nautical Miles of flying done with Aerofly Global FS 8)
    Bluestacks Emulator