Why is there no Navigraph support yet?

• Ok, you're saying neither FSX nor X-Plane support that feature by default but we should?

Aerosoft didn't make the A320 for Aerofly FS 4, we purchased the model many years ago and our designers spent dozens if not hundreds of hours to improve the model to our standards. And then thousands of hours of my colleges and me have been spent to add all the features that you see today. Everything that moves or has any function was done by us, all the systems coding, the physics, the animations, the sounds all done by IPACS and not by Aerosoft.

• Ok, you're saying neither FSX nor X-Plane support that feature by default but we should?

Aerosoft didn't make the A320 for Aerofly FS 4,

8|

Hwo said that? I said that Aerosoft made A320 for FSX not for Aerofly. Maybe english is not my native language, and I apologize for this, but I never said that. In fact, I know very wel the Airbus X 320 from Aerosoft, I buy it in 2015 for FSX , and I repeat: I buy AF 4 , because I found the Airbus X here also. It was a surprise to me to see the same logo of Aerosoft in the cockpit ! But never said that

• Good evening all.

Since i'm quite new to the forum, i'm asking these questions without knowing if anyone already asked it.

Do you guys at IPACS ever thought of contacting Navigraph and see if their API could work with your simulator ?

It would allow people (like me) to have :

- up-to-date waypoints, maybe even airways (which would be MUCH easier for us when doing longer flights)

- Simlink by Navigraph. Basically this little app allows the Navigraph Charts app to read the position and to show it in their integrated charts.

These features are really useful for people like me who tend to recreate day-to-day airline operations and airliner familiarization.

Also when i joined, i saw a thread somewhere talking about the possibility of loading/unloading and refuel/defuel the planes, is it still something being worked on ? any update on that ?

AFS4 is a very good sim, but by adding these two features, it would allow it to grow even further, for example the refuel/defuel would be amazing as it would allow us to fly the longest routes the airlines can offer (let's take for example the Lufthansa route from Frankfurt to Gran Canaria) and be flown without having halfway the fuel qty indicating 0 KG (mainly talking about the A320 here).

Waiting for an answer

Have yourselves a great day

Dylan

Kind Regards,

Dylan

• Hi,

Question:

Is the NAVDATA in the Sim really from 2013?

On the "ABOUT" page of AFFS4 it says Navdate from NAVTECH 2013.

I began wondering when I saw that west of cologne (EDDK) the NAVAID (NVO) was not present but the old one (NOR) is still there which has been exchanged mor than half a decade ago.

Then I looked for waypoints, other navaids etc. and found that nothing is from 2022 nor 2021 or so.

I fully understand that updating and keeping all this stuff is a bit too much maybe for this sim and its userbase, but an almost 10 year old database in 2022 as base navdata?

Man that is way too old IMO.

Rgds, PC

• It looks like many working database waypoints in Aerofly are based on local VOR radials and distances instead of true bearings or individual latitude and longitude positions so if during the preparation of the database an individual VOR got its after a number of years magnetic variation update, those linked waypoints would re-locate!

If we try to actually navigate using a chart to a geographical feature in the western U.S. we need to add three degrees to the track because of the higher easterly magnetic variation of the old database, it is variable around Europe.

To try and plot a course referenced to an Aerofly VOR you really need to know the VOR’s variation in use at the time of the database and the difference from that used in current charts! In a way it gives some uncertainty to the sim, VORs are never that precise and derived locations should presume some degrees of tolerance but ! it should be random not in the same direction every time.

User editable nav aids and waypoints could fix this especially if corrections could be shared, reported errors do not get updated and there must be at least tens of thousands of errors world wide.

The nav aids in MSFS were editable in Windows NotePad!

The waypoint ALCAT is defined as OAK 289/12.5 and SFO radial 331 (rounded to a whole degree, 289.18/12.53 & 330.83 exactly) on the Oakland 12 localiser. Here is at ALCAT even though the nav display shows it a mile ahead (there are 3 overlapping waypoints), the VOR needles show the 289 (180 + 109) and 331 (180 + 153) radials and the OAK DME is 12.5 nm. To get a useful position using fixes the OAK fix needed to be entered as 292 and the SFO fix entered as 334 degrees, both plus three degrees to work with the Aerofly database.

Edited 2 times, last by Overloaded: Number error (November 9, 2022 at 4:56 PM).

• I’ve found that some frequencies are not correct in Aerofly FS 2022 and 2023. Example Charles De Gaulle airport runway 08L has a frequency in Aerofly of 109.00 MHz. When looking at the ILS chart from Navigraph which uses Jeppesen charts the frequency is listed as 108.70 MHz. There’s others I’ve found over time but this one I just experienced yesterday. If flying in America you can double check the ILS charts using Skyvector. Hi Beto! This is GregK807, you commented on my video on YouTube recently. I subscribed back to your channel. Great videos!

• Descobri que algumas frequências não estão corretas no Aerofly FS 2022 e 2023. Exemplo A pista 08L do aeroporto Charles De Gaulle tem uma frequência no Aerofly de 109,00 MHz. Ao olhar para o gráfico ILS do Navigraph, que usa gráficos Jeppesen, a frequência é listada como 108,70 MHz. Há outros que encontrei ao longo do tempo, mas este acabei de experimentar ontem. Se estiver voando na América, você pode verificar os gráficos ILS usando o Skyvector. Olá Betão! Aqui é GregK807, você comentou meu vídeo no YouTube recentemente. Eu me inscrevi de volta no seu canal. Ótimos vídeos!

Hello my friend. How are you? This difference between the ILS frequencies on the simulator and those on the IAC charts is due to a problem with the Aerofly airac, which is outdated. Just as navigation data such as departure, arrival and approach can change, the same thing can happen to ILS frequencies according to the current airac cycle. I recommend you activate the auto tuning option in the settings to remedy this problem. In this way, only the ILS frequencies contained in the airac used by the simulator will be used automatically. I hope that one day Aerofly will open support for Navigraph thus allowing the airac update. Oh and thank you for subscribing to my channel. I am also subscribed to your channel. The affection and respect are mutual. A big hug 🤝🏽

• This screenshot shows the ILS at London Airport working normally. In the PFD I have the localizer capture indication and glide slope. I don't understand what this problem is in the ILS that you are reporting. I have the auto tuning option activated to avoid problems because the simulator's airac is out of date. Some simulator ILS frequencies differ from those on IAC charts for certain airports. Even so, I suggest you consult the IAC charts, check the frequencies and compare them with those on the simulator to see if they match.

• This screenshot shows the ILS at London Airport working normally. In the PFD I have the localizer capture indication and glide slope. I don't understand what this problem is in the ILS that you are reporting. I have the auto tuning option activated to avoid problems because the simulator's airac is out of date. Some simulator ILS frequencies differ from those on IAC charts for certain airports. Even so, I suggest you consult the IAC charts, check the frequencies and compare them with those on the simulator to see if they match.

I wonder if some of you are playing AF for the first time! The problem of inaccurate ILS frequency has always been there. Since the official cannot give a specific method, we have to try to solve it ourselves!

And what I want to ask is, as shown in the picture, even the ILS in the game menu is not accurate, so what is the use of looking at the IAC chart? !

I believe that many people have noticed that some ILS frequencies have an error within 0.05 range, and the CRS route and VOR frequency also have a slight error with the IAC! !

I don’t know how you guys do it. Anyway, before I fly 2023, I will first turn on the auto-tuning, put the plane on the runway where I need to land in the menu, and I can see the accurate CRS on it, and then enter the plane Here, you can see the ILS frequencies, write them down, turn off autotune, and then plan your route! In this way, regardless of the ILS or the localizer, will there still be errors?

• Look up the nav information on line, the real information works. Here is an example of a real approach 'plate' (sheet).

The real ILS frequency of 111.15 for London City works in FS2023. The 'aerofly' frequency of 111.20 does not work in FS2023.

Use these real world frequency numbers, headings and heights for a fun and rewarding buzz around London docklands.

• Eu tenho uma pergunta. Recentemente, baixei o jogo no meu iPad Pro. Tentei planejar uma rota com gráficos SimBrief e lido. (Estou voando com o a320), mas parece que o banco de dados está perdendo pontos de referência e partidas. Existe algo que eu possa fazer para corrigir isso ou existe uma maneira de atualizar o banco de dados. É muito complexo encontrar uma rota precisa apenas tentando diferentes waypoints para ver se eles estão no banco de dados. Também é muito difícil quando as revisões do plano de vôo não são mostradas na tela de navegação, até onde eu sei que isso deveria acontecer.

Também posso estar usando errado, mas a função Direct To parece estar quebrada. Não consigo cortar uma rota selecionando um ponto de passagem. Isso é algo que estou fazendo de errado?

Desde já agradeço.

This is due to the fact that Aerofly's airac is outdated, which is why these differences between the flight plans made in the simbrief and those made in the simulator. To resolve this airac outdated problem, it would be necessary to integrate the simulator with Navigraph. Then it would be necessary to purchase a Navigraph subscription to update the simulator's airac.

• Encontro muitos waypoints, partidas e transições/chegadas ausentes nos EUA

The Aerofly's airac is outdated. For this reason, many departure, arrival and approach procedures are absent in all airports present in the simulator. An alternative to solve this problem would be for developers to promote integration between the simulator and Navigraph. After creating an account at Navigraph and purchasing a subscription, you would connect that company's website to the simulator and download the airac files, thus updating all the waypoints and the departure, arrival and approach procedures.

• DirTo on the MCDU and selected a point with the line select keys. Then I inserted the point but noting changed on

Do u encounter problems of missing waypoints when flying in America?

Yes I do.

I detected that AIRAC 1301 is almost ok for Europe. But it is not ok for USA.

When I’ll be back flying USA I’ll test different AIRAC until I find something

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows if an Airac update will be added in the Aerofly 2024? The current one is very outdated and, in my opinion, needs to be updated, as it adds a lot of realism in the simulator. I think also a Navigraph add on would be nice, so the developers don’t need to pay.

I think also a “Direct to” feature would be great.

Thank you all people will answer me.