Help for development of the A330.

• Liveries are the last thing on the list for a developer and a realistic timeframe is 6 months or so for a new model, if you know what you are doing.

Building the model is the easy bit, (sorry Pilot boy but eventually you will agree with me), getting it into the sim ( and that is just to look at) will take some effort and systems/flying characteristics etc will take a lot of effort. However.....

The joy of sitting in a Virtual cockpit, especially in VR, that you have designed and built is well worth all the effort.8) and taking it flying., thats where the fun starts.

Its a long and lonely road for a solo developer but I'm sure he will get there with our encouragement and help.:thumbup::thumbup:and we are always here to help, though at 67, that may not always be the case with me :/ Yes I really am that old=O

• though at 67, that may not always be the case with me :/ Yes I really am that old=O

Completely agree with you Steve, as long as we remain young at heart, that's what counts, age is secondary. ;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• As I'm supposed to make the liveries, it will be possible when I'll get the liveries kit from Pilot boy

Aviationly,

SkyX

• Yes! Completely agree!

• I seem to notice that the engine start switches and the fire extinguishing buttons have gaps where additional switches would be placed on the A340 for commonality. Also, the reverse thrust levers are more like Boeings in the sense that they can be pulled back and lifted (see 747/777/787/737s for reference) without moving the actuall throttles, while the A320 has 2 switches that are clicked, then the actual throttles are moved.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• The developers have just brought two excellent planes to Aerofly (Boeing 737-900ER and 737 Max 9). This is not the time to ask for more planes considering that this is very hard and difficult work. Let's at least let them breathe.

• The developers have just brought two excellent planes to Aerofly (Boeing 737-900ER and 737 Max 9). This is not the time to ask for more planes considering that this is very hard and difficult work. Let's at least let them breathe.

Well, please use your two eyeballs and see that there is an outflow of community support and fellow users are creating a model, not the devs. No need to keep on coming back to me to complain.

Please be more careful than this— review things before jumping to conclusions.

-Thekingbuji333

• As I said, if you just cut away the fuselage stations that were added for the stretched version and leave a gaping hole in the model you can automatically move all objects in front back to close the gap and everything in the rear forward by just changing a few parameter in the model.tmc for the exporter. You don't actually need a separate model if you do it right. The only downside is perhaps the repaints get a bit more complicated.

I'm new to coding and things like that, so what are the different file types (example: .tmd) and what do they do?

-Thekingbuji333

• Hi Aerofly Community !

i just found this thread and i must say kudos to Pilot boy and eliozo for attempting to make an A330 for the sim !

if you need reference for the A330 don't hesitate to DM me or tag me in this thread, i'll see what i can do to contribute (i may not be that active on the forums, but i occasionally come here so i'll see your messages). In the meantime, here are some pictures from the flightdeck of an A330-343 (RR Trent 772B engines) i took :

If it's not a new plane it will be something else. Not sure they take time to breath.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Hi Aerofly Community !

i just found this thread and i must say kudos to Pilot boy and eliozo for attempting to make an A330 for the sim !

if you need reference for the A330 don't hesitate to DM me or tag me in this thread, i'll see what i can do to contribute (i may not be that active on the forums, but i occasionally come here so i'll see your messages).

What happened to your A320 liveries? Are they still on hold?

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Hi Aerofly Community !

if you need reference for the A330 don't hesitate to DM me or tag me in this thread, i'll see what i can do to contribute (i may not be that active on the forums, but i occasionally come here so i'll see your messages). In the meantime, here are some pictures from the flightdeck of an A330-343 (RR Trent 772B engines) i took :

Thanks. Your pictures are beautiful.

• What kind of timeframe are we looking at for physics and sound creation?

As larrylynx said. Making an aircraft takes a long, long time. He said about 6 months and I think the A330 will also take this amount of time or even longer. Just having a model isn't going to work. Developer teams for the MSFS are much bigger and really know how to model, do textures, animate the objects, code systems, etc... and they need over a year to make an aircraft.

So to conclude: I have no idea when the physics/sounds will be ready. But don't be impatient. This isn't a project which is complete in 2 weeks. Maybe we can finish earlier but I don't think so. When more people help the project might finish before Aerofly FS 5. (Ok, a little overexaggerated)

If someone wants to help us in this early phase, please DM me or eliozo . We would really appreciate it!:)