Airport and city list

• In talking to people over the last few days, I'm a bit surprised to discover how little many people know about Aerofly, and that includes some who have already purchased the product!

Misunderstandings occur, ranging from people wondering if FSX planes work with the sim (i've bumped into that one a few times) and on up to people having little to no idea what's included with their new or potential purchase.

Today I was speaking to someone who had had the sim for quite a while, but was astonished to discover how many states were included, how many cities and airports were depicted, and couldn't believe how such a reportedly small team had pulled off such a thing.

It made me wonder how many other people might be choosing random airfields and flying around, unaware of all that's available and not understanding that Las vegas is out there, or JFK, or KLAX!

It also made me realize that to a certain extent, I'm not certain what's out there or in what detail, either!

There are just too many airports, and the nature of the map usually has me picking ones that ring a bell (big ones) and pretty much ignoring all those other unknown tinier ones.

Now I'm wondering if there is a list I could get of the names/ICAO's of all available airports, and just as importantly, which ones have accompanying cities/towns modeled.

I would like to disperse that information a little wider!

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• I did a bit of correlation in the Avsim.com review of the CA/AZ and NYC and Switzerland DLC. I was looking more at which airports we see in google space view and which ones are in the DLC. I show the difference around KSFO and KLAX Terminal areas. I probably have more backup that didn't make it into the review.

Regards,
    Ray

• I think many people have not been really paying full attention to Aerofly until now. Orbx opened a new Aerofly subforum, and I suspect they are going to get a lot of quite basic questions. :p

http://www.orbxsystems.com/for…erofly-fs2-support-forum/

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• It made me wonder how many other people might be choosing random airfields and flying around, unaware of all that's available and not understanding that Las vegas is out there, or JFK, or KLAX!

It also made me realize that to a certain extent, I'm not certain what's out there or in what detail, either!

Hi all,

I often make random flights and there is a good surprise almost every day.
    See what I found yesterday.

[Blocked Image: http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/06/17/aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_01_20170616-18464963e66.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/06/17/aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_02_20170616-184704e6e0e.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/06/17/moon.jpg]

There are tons of excellent "default" sceneries in AFS2, a list of all of them would be welcome.

• Hi,

a while ago I made an Excel list with filter functions to prepare flightplans.
    Additionally it contains hyperlinks to airnav information by just clicking the ICAO code.
    Perhaps it may be helpful for somebody else?
    Oh, I did not yet add the new OrbX airports.
    The list will increase obviously in the next months.

Rodeo

Edit 2017-06-19: The list has been improved to add a hyperlink to google maps.
    Please download again!

• Thank You very much! :D

Devons rig

• I'll ask them next time I visit them.
    But it would be a huge list, whereas only few us states and switzerland are currently covered by aerofly.

I will update my list as soon as new areas are available.
    Also I think about adding a hyperlink to google maps for a fast location of the selected airport.
    If you have some more suggestions, you are welcome.

Rodeo

• I do not know how difficult it is. But is it possible to get a similar overview?
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1PE1hbOnyNuZ5ynpoNmYsEPDi6Ao&ll=55.204712450049364%2C-68.6351538140625&z=3

There are a few flight simmers around that know how to make the Google Maps 'walk and talk'. Maybe one of them will buy into the AF2 culture and spring it on us. hint. hint. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Ray

• In the meantime I added at least the google maps hyperlinks.
    Please download again here or in my first post.

Rodeo

I used the @counta( ) on the Yes column to count the number of airports represented in Aerofly FS2. I only came up with 260 total of the 4,851 listed airports. Does that sound correct?

Regards,
    Ray

• I am sure I speak for a lot of other members, when I say thank you Rodeo, thank you very much indeed for your effort and time in making these lists, we all appreciate it.

Regards and thanks again,
    Taranakian, Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Nice Job!:)