New beta update released today

• Official Post

You have provided us with your bug reports from the latest released update and we listened. A new update (version 2.01.05.15) has been posted to our beta channel today.

This update fixed some of the commonly mentioned bugs reported by the community. This update addressed the following issues:

* Fixed enabled VSYNC with Vulkan renderer

* Fixed SteamVR with Vulkan renderer

* Changed Lever behavior with multiple assignments

* Fixed Flight info bar and HUD in pause and replay mode

* Fixed C172 sound

* Fixed F18 flap setting on approach

* Added Cultivation files can reference XRef objects

As always, please let us know of any bugs that you may find related to these fixes, and thank you all for being loyal supporters of Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Another great update. Now the reverser axis is working well (tried the A320 and it's working).

I have a question regarding the Vulkan and the High-quality AA, does it intend to make textures to look more clear or with better definition when flying in VR?.

Keep up the good work!.

Thanks, Ed

• Official Post

Another great update. Now the reverser axis is working well (tried the A320 and it's working).

I have a question regarding the Vulkan and the High-quality AA, does it intend to make textures to look more clear or with better definition when flying in VR?.

Keep up the good work!.

Thanks, Ed

Ed, vulkan itself will not make for better graphics but the High Quality AA will sharpen and crisp it up a bit but at a small performance compromise.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

Everyone,

anyone that may post a bug report with this latest version before you post anything, make sure you have tested this with the latest graphics card drivers. Also before posting, if you experience problems first try to delete your 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder; this will reset your graphics settings and clear any possible processes that should have been cleared.

Another note, if you are experiencing crashing make sure that your system is using the proper dedicated drivers for your graphics card as sometimes Windows update tends to overwrite these with their own driver set.

When posting a bug report, make sure you mention which GPU driver you have and your actual GPU model.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

Cultivation files can now reference our XRef objects like this:

• Official Post

Still no joy with Vulkan / VR on my 1080TI

please explain this better.

Check your GPU drivers. You need the latest drivers plus make sure that Windows didn't replace them with their own. This is definitely something isolated to your system, as it's been fully verified that Vulkan interacts just fine with the GTX 1080ti card. In fact it's one of my Aerofly testing cards.

Also, make sure that there is nothing running on your system that may be interfering with Vulkan rendering.

Please provide your TM log as well.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi All,

Maybe a stupid question here but if I'm not wrong there are now 2 (beta) updates with regards to Vulkan and other enhancements mentionned before. The last update (version 2.01.05.15) containing fixes against the first version.

Should we have to install both updates or is the second one equal to the first update + fixes ?

Thanks.

HP Spectre X360 15bl100xx

i7-8550U / 16 GB SDRAM DDR4-2400 / SSD PCIe NVMe M.2 512 GB

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB

Samsung LC32H711QEUXEN 32" Curved Monitor

TrackIR PRO

• This was already the case with the previous version of the beta but since that topic is closed I'll post it here: the wheel sounds of the Airbus are too soft or missing. I can't hear it if I have taken off and I specially can't hear it when I touch the ground. I seem to remember this was the case before. (Take note that I don't even know if it is realistic to hear this! ;) )

• Hi All,

Maybe a stupid question here but if I'm not wrong there are now 2 (beta) updates with regards to Vulkan and other enhancements mentionned before. The last update (version 2.01.05.15) containing fixes against the first version.

Should we have to install both updates or is the second one equal to the first update + fixes ?

Thanks.

Must be this way: the second one is equal to the first update + fixes.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• This was already the case with the previous version of the beta but since that topic is closed I'll post it here: the wheel sounds of the Airbus are too soft or missing. I can't hear it if I have taken off and I specially can't hear it when I touch the ground. I seem to remember this was the case before. (Take note that I don't even know if it is realistic to hear this! ;) )

is not real to hear the wheels touchdown from the cockpit :P. It is more like you feel vibrations.

• Just to remember, still error issues with the runway objects on some user-created airports (see picture below), after the two beta updates. Using version 2.01.05.17 now.

This problem was previously solved in all my user-created airports, but that fix obviously did not solve the issue on other user airports (including airports with grass runways).

Thanks, Ed