Taburet - Scotland Mesh and Cultivation for Aerofly FS 2

• Hmmmmm....... Seems cool, except you have to supply the Orthos! https://store.flightsim.com/product/tabure…r-aerofly-fs-2/

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• No airports? No basic tsc files? Where can I start? Is the mesh flatten in the area of the airports and/or airfields so someone can build them? If not, I would have to build my own mesh as long as AFFS does not support a kind of external flatten definition. What about the cultivation. Are the airports/airfields excluded or are they also covered with buildings, lights and trees?

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• No airports? No basic tsc files? Where can I start? Is the mesh flatten in the area of the airports and/or airfields so someone can build them? If not, I would have to build my own mesh as long as AFFS does not support a kind of external flatten definition. What about the cultivation. Are the airports/airfields excluded or are they also covered with buildings, lights and trees?

There are several pictures there showing lighting cultivation and Etc.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Un séjour sans faille

Hmmmmm....... Seems cool, except you have to supply the Orthos! https://store.flightsim.com/product/tabure…r-aerofly-fs-2/

Damage for the price, incomplete scene?:/

Why does not Ray include orthophoto like that of the Canary Islands?

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• There are several pictures there showing lighting cultivation and Etc.

Yes, but are they excluded in the airfield areas? So I do not need to throw them away if I get an airport?

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Un séjour sans faille

Damage for the price, incomplete scene?:/

Why does not Ray include orthophoto like that of the Canary Islands?

They may not be available for simulation use at a price he can afford

Devons rig

• Imho add ons like these are bad for AFS2's reputation. Ridiculous. Imagine something like this being released for FSX/P3D/XP...! AFS2 needs some GOOD new scenery. Some serious professional stuff. At this moment AFS2 seems like a garbage can for all kinds of various crap and it's getting harder and harder to take this sim serious.

• Imho add ons like these are bad for AFS2's reputation. Ridiculous. Imagine something like this being released for FSX/P3D/XP...! AFS2 needs some GOOD new scenery. Some serious professional stuff. At this moment AFS2 seems like a garbage can for all kinds of various crap and it's getting harder and harder to take this sim serious.

I agree. For this reason I installed P3D again on my computer....

• Un séjour sans faille

They may not be available for simulation use at a price he can afford

So let's move on to something else, it's not worth it to spend unnecessarily money on incomplete addons.

Whatever the price, 5, 10, 20 or 30 Euro, As some say, this simulator becomes anything.;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• To make photo scenery of Scotland I just checked in my "AeroScenery" and its 85 tiles based on size 9 that's a lot of downloads and editing of the sea.

Perhaps if we had a group of volunteers to just make a few tiles and then upload them to flght-sim.org it would be an interesting winter project for the FS 2 community.

Don't all rush at once............................................

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Well obviously, from my avatar/picture, you can see I am a Scot. A good (complete) product for AFS2 for Scotland would have been a no-brainer for me. But, this is not that product. I truly commend the author for even working with AFS2 addons, but I would advise quality over quantity from him at this stage.

- Kenneth

• To make photo scenery of Scotland I just checked in my "AeroScenery" and its 85 tiles based on size 9 that's a lot of downloads and editing of the sea.

Perhaps if we had a group of volunteers to just make a few tiles and then upload them to flght-sim.org it would be an interesting winter project for the FS 2 community.

Don't all rush at once............................................

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Maybe its about time for me to begin learning about some of this. Nothing complex, but Im probably past due to at least start reading the instructions and watching the videos.

Devons rig

• Maybe its about time for me to begin learning about some of this. Nothing complex, but Im probably past due to at least start reading the instructions and watching the videos.

The basic steps are not that hard, and you can certainly master them if I can. The devil is in the details where you have to get rid of clouds, color mismatching, trees on runways, buildings on water and all those ugly gremlins, and this is where it gets nasty and time-consuming. Despite, we have a group of talented designers who are able to achieve even this, and just for saying "thank you".

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hmmm ...... Having bought Orbx Australia Red, Green, Blue and Gold and the update to Australia V1.0 and lately the updated Australia V2.0 for FSX I can tell you that a "professional" product is not always worth the money either! The latest offering seems to focus on mining operations in the more inaccessible areas of the continent and has one yes that is one decently modeled city. That is Melbourne and undoubtedly the home town of the author. When I queried where is Adelaide Oval (almost a religious shrine for cricket fans) and my city, I got told "what do you expect for the price!". After having bought that and all the aforementioned earlier versions I was not real pleased with him or Orbx.

The company that should have come on board our sim is Megascenery Earth not Orbx in my opinion.

• The company that should have come on board our sim is Megascenery Earth not Orbx in my opinion.

But they make just plain orthoscenery, not including what we call cultivation. Besides, quality of their products varies, too. I bought MSE Germany, and this was one of the worst purchases I ever made, full of clouds, wrong and mismatching colors an such, and left my HD immediately.

I find the AeroflyFS2 products made by ORBX so far very well-done.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• The company that should have come on board our sim is Megascenery Earth not Orbx in my opinion.

Around one year ago, I entered into direct correspondence with the owner of PC Aviator (developer of Megascenery). He and I go back 25 years. He was my first publisher when I was a commercial addon pioneer for the MSFS franchise. I have great respect for this gentleman, and so I asked him to consider porting over Megascenery to AFS2. Sadly, it went nowhere.

Why? Same old reason, and one which makes commercial sense. The user base for AFS2 is tiny compared to other platforms. This means that any developer must balance the expected workload on a given project with the anticipated return on investment. When this balance was looked at, it apparently made no sense to develop Megascenery for AFS2 at that time.

What is the economic truth here? It is that the market has not yet adopted AFS2 in sufficient numbers for the majority of addon producers to justify developing for it. And whether we like it or not, the chances are slim that this trend is going to reverse. Not only does AFS2 continue to be devoid of features that most of the market considers essential, but we now face the re-entry into the market of Microsoft next year. With more choice being made available to an already niche marketplace, the already small market share that IPACS enjoys is going to be further threatened.

Folks, I am not saying this to be a prophet of doom and gloom, I am re-stating the market reality that AFS2 needs to get up to speed expeditiously, or face commercial extinction.

Sure, IPACS might consider that they can happily take their time to get it right, but that philosophy is not resonating with the only people that matter, the buyers in the marketplace, and those buyers are soon to get even more choice.

I do not blame PC Aviator for not coming to the AFS2 platform. And I do not blame ORBX for appearing gun-shy on their promises to deliver many many airports and sceneries in 2019 for AFS2. I also do not blame JustFlight for currently not having a new GA aircraft listed as "in development" for AFS2. The market is speaking, and their language is their spending patterns. The third party developers are the leading recipients of those spending patterns, and they are listening to the market.

And one last contextual point. I owned one of the first companies to create addons for ANY flight sim two and a half decades ago, and we had boxed products in stores around the world. However, I did not listen to the marketplace. After seven years of success, my company products fell behind the sophistication curve the market was craving for. In the end it cost me the business and we folded. IPACS, are you listening?

- Kenneth

• Some of the attitudes about sims in this thread are soooo different from mine...

(Not for the first time, I feel like an alien in the community, sometimes)

So many seem to act as if there can be only one sim in their lives, and once the decisions been made, all others must of course be deleted and given up for dead.

To me, that would be sooooo boring!

I don't even know how many flight sims are on my computer at this point, but none of them are perfect, and each in its own way has something to offer.

Will I fly aerofly today? Maybe not, but there's always War Thunder, or P3D or.... whatever. It changes with my mood, and when my mood is for smoothness and other things in VR, it's back to Aerofly and maybe a trip over Lukla.

Or Florida.

Or.....

Even when the new God-Sim (supposedly) arrives, I have no doubt I will still be Visiting Aerofly. And X-Plane.... And Wings of Prey, and.....

Why should there be only one? Or even just two? Or Three! (or six!)

Devons rig

• For my part, in this thread, I find the opinions very interesting and different, sometimes some meet, sometimes others are more distant.

For me, it's not the quantity, but the quality!!!

But one thing that I remember from this SIM card, and fortunately by the way, is that in this community,

we have private people who have a huge talent and a sense of professional work and who make us all share very generously and gracefully their wonderful scenery!!!:thumbup:

Thank you very much to them !!!

And I do not hide it to say that it is partly thanks to them, that make me stay on AFS 2!

For the rest ... It's the IPACS that has cards in hand;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal