Orbx airports showing low FPS - bug

• A few individuals noticed large drops in FPS at a few of the Orbx airports. I have confirmed this now as well. If any of you are seeing any FPS drops at any other airport please report it here so that we can better track down where the problem is.

This bug was confirmed after todays small update.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes, for me Orbx Palm Springs has issues not just with performance, but with completely messed up geometry and animation.

For instance, the thumb on my VR hands was going wild, and the stick in the R22 was moving back and forth on its own very fast. Huge blue columns / cones were being drawn from the VR hands into the sky. (Possibly all artifact of a bad performance issue I suppose).

Combined with Oculus Asynchronous Time-warp making it feel like the world was melting, it was like I had taken a psychoactive substance. Quite enjoyed it 8/10 :)

When I quit from Palm Springs, the VR hands were still broken with strange geometry being drawn from them and vertices missing, so I had to restart the sim.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Can confirm that Palm Springs shows the same symptoms of Magic Mushrooms use, as nickhod has reported above. Eagle Vail has the same problem, even though the causal factor in Eagle Vail is more likely cannabis, being Colorado 'n all....;-) Monterey and Innsbruck are all good, while every single windmill in True Earth Netherlands is now suspended 100 feet above ground and the rotorblades are free-floating well above the hubs. Plenty of good places to enjoy the Robbie in the meantime, so we'll just cut the devs some slack and it'll be all sorted out in due course. This R22 is addictive!!!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• I tested most of the areas, orbx, Ipacs and freeware, only orbx airports seem impacted by the large drop of FPS, as well as the close areas, for example Aspen near Eagle Country.

For TrueEarth Netherand the only problem seems to be the flying wind turbines

May be there's a very small global drop of FPS, but difficult to be sure for the moment.

Edited once, last by drassaud (December 1, 2018 at 12:11 PM).

• Oh no! My uncle visits tomorrow - glider pilot who spent a lot of time in the Netherlands looking forward to finding out what's so special about this mystery system I have. It took 3 months to set up the visit. I'd better give him a few glasses of wine before I put him in the cockpit.

• I see no issues at Palm Springs.......

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I also recommend to delete your main.mcf file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder. With the addition of the last update and the introduction of the R22 it's best to do this just to clear the cobwebs out.

For all of you seeing this possible bug, please try this as well and report back if all is well.

Thank you all for your assistance here. It helps us out a lot.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Oh no! My uncle visits tomorrow - glider pilot who spent a lot of time in the Netherlands looking forward to finding out what's so special about this mystery system I have. It took 3 months to set up the visit. I'd better give him a few glasses of wine before I put him in the cockpit.

Not necessary, things seem to be fixed.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I also recommend to delete your main.mcf file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder. With the addition of the last update and the introduction of the R22 it's best to do this just to clear the cobwebs out.

For all of you seeing this possible bug, please try this as well and report back if all is well.

Thank you all for your assistance here. It helps us out a lot.

Everything back to normal, even the Netherland's wind turbines.

Thanks for your reactivity.

(For me no need to delete the main.mcf file)