Aerofly Life Project - Version 1.7 NOW AVAILABLE !

• With this wonderful method of animation, multiple different flight paths or straight line traffic models could be made with a basic centerpoint facing North South East or West direction. Then these could be shared, allowing users to simply adjust geo reference in tsc for their desired locations. Here's to looking for the tutorial and our wonderful community users who have 3dsmax :)

• Nice, that flying traffic, but I’d rather have (anyone from) IPACS working on ‘real’ traffic. I understand people are getting excited about stuff finally moving in AFS2 but I am surprised such a temporary fix is being worked on and released. I mean, we will get ‘real’ traffic with the upcoming ATC, right? Up to now temporary fixes were always frowned upon. I am not looking forward to seeing similar planes doing similar patterns on every airport all day long.

• I completely agree, and I'm sure everyone else agrees with you. But as Jeff stated, this is his "side project" which allows us to have something now, and I'd rather have something now, than wait who knows how much longer for 'real' traffic :)

• drhotwing1 (IPACS)

Changed the title of the thread from “Aerofly Life Project - Version 1.5 NOW AVAILABLE !” to “Aerofly Life Project - Version 1.7 NOW AVAILABLE !”.
  • Hello everyone, I just uploaded a small update (version 1.7) to Aerofly Life. This addressed the following items;

* FIXED jet formation flying in the wrong direction at NAS

* ADDED tilt to the jets at NAS to be more realistic through turns

* ADDED tilt to the Piper doing touch-and-go's at Marathon

The update link is in the first post of this thread. Be sure to completely remove Aerofly Life 1.5 before adding this new folder.

Watch out for more updates and even more new features soon.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff,

Thanks for the update. The movements sure add a lot to the sim. Don’t forget to add a few spinning wind turbines. The gas truck moving across the ramp at Marathon is a real treat and the three F-15s are now expected near the NAS so I am on the lookout for them.

Spinning propellers on the Cherokee and Cessna would add a bit more realism.

A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o
    Out now: Hawaiian Islands 8) Part 1: Kauai + Niihau v2

Work in Progress: Part 2: Molokai, Maui, Lanai, Kohoolawe + Molokini Crater

• Un séjour sans faille

Thanks for this update, but some motorists have drunk:sleeping: too much and missed the bridge:D

Cheers,

Pascal

Intel I7-4930MX - 3,90 GHz - 32 Go - GTX 880M - 8 Go - Samsung SSD M.2 250 Go + Samsung SSD M.2 750 Go - Win10 Pro

• Spinning propellers on the Cherokee and Cessna would add a bit more realism.

The same illusion could be created with a transparent disk like we used on the Apollo-50 splashdown helicopter rotor.

• Probably a good third-party developer is interested in engaging in Traffic for AFS2, i.e. car, planes and moving objects in general, to contribute to add realism to the simulator. I don't know if that would require a SDK from IPACS.

Until now, thanks to the localized efforts from Jeff, and we all shall be grateful to him, we have some but still very few animations in AFS2.

Cheers, Ed

• Don't want to be a downer but nice as it is I think Jeff's method requires way too much manual labor to get things done all over the AFS2 scenery. It's a nice placeholder for now and much appreciated but we need a real solution to make AFS2 come alive.

• Hello this is a video of me converting traffic animation for Aerofly fs2 I have figured it out but had problems with the textures

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your process flow.

You select your animation in 3DSMax, but then I would suggest to Export selected only.

In your TSC file you call 4x your truck.tmb object : as a ground poly, as a decal, etc. i.e. as an airport

To my understanding, your airport already exists and your animation should be declared once as a tmsimulator_scenery_object_animated

Your texture issue seems due to the fact you're using an FS object with lm suffix. You should first rework that object in MCX according to AFS2 conventions:

- all texture names in lowercase

- main texture with _color suffix

- night texture with _light.suffix

My 2 cents...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• ok no problem , I will rework it all again cheers.:)

I'm not sure, I haven't tried yet compiling animations. As the case may be, what I wrote doesn't make sense, it's just what I thought I understood so far... ;-)

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.