OAHU for AFS2 in development - Share our excitement!

• Soon. We have a nice Cub and a slightly broken A5 Icon for flying around the islands. I am hoping someone steps up and cleans up the small glitches in the Icon. Of course, it would be nice to have water, but . . . .

Your Tecnam works rather well also.

• You know, we just never seem to be satisfied with what we have, always wishing for more and more. The ICON would make a great addition when the Hawaii scenery is available.

It only needs some minor tweaking. I wish Mr. K. would come back to the community.

• I was mostly just goofing off today and was flying around Honolulu looking for something to add to the scenery when I saw this beautiful pink building up on the hillside. This is a very large military hospital complex serving the entire Pacific area. Less than two weeks ago, I asked Thomas if it was possible to "paint" a cultivation building. It was whitish then and our standard cultivation and I thought it would look better if it was pink.

Well, between Thomas and Jake, it in now officially pink, but, wasn't painted, it was totally built from scratch and looks just like the photo. You guys and girls are in for a real treat, if we can just get it completed and uploaded for you.

Just thought you might want to see some outstanding progress. Yep, those are all real cars and yep, that is yet another heliad on top and yep, those really are solar cells.

• I can't wait for this to come out, it looks spectacular but if you're at the point where you're painting specific buildings you're loosing revenue. This sim only has a finite life span and the longer you wait fine tuning for perfection reduces the amount of time that people pay to play it before they move along to the next sim. This is the overall problem with this sim is that developers are seeking granular perfection and missing the opportunities to move on and grow the overall platform.

• That search for perfection gave us the best performing graphics engine and the most realistic flying heli out there!

I use Xplane 11, DCS, Fly Inside and Aerofly FS 2 but 70% of my simtime is in Aerofly's R22.

To me every platform has its limitations and we have all of them to choose from whenever we want, I don't mind waiting while appreciating what we already have....

And OAHU is freeware made by talented users of this platform, it's not an IPACS release....

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

Edited 2 times, last by PjotR22 (May 31, 2020 at 12:05 PM).

• if you're at the point where you're painting specific buildings you're loosing revenue

Indeed we care a lot about detail and colors in our upcoming freeware.

So we split up Oahu into different zones, to represent areas with colored, red, white, grey or grey-brown houses according to the reality.

(Pictures as usual work in progress)

Cheers, Thomas

• One of our team members floated a thought to get us out of our doldrums while we wait for the final orthos to be completed. The suggestion is for us to consider flipping our release schedule on its head and starting from the bottom. Because our original goal was to build scenery for the island of Oahu with the Honolulu Cityscape and famous beaches and the many airports including the biggie, Honolulu International we always thought that should be the first package out the gate. As it turns out, the orthos for Oahu are of the poorest quality from all sources and they do not play well together and therefore, are taking the most time to clean up.

Speaking of orthos, those for Kauai were much more manageable and are complete as of late today. We are still gathering thoughts and everyone has not checked in to see the daily news so it is a little early for announcements. But, my money goes with the flip. We will know by the weekend.

Should we release Kauai first, we will also include the neighboring forbidden island of Niihau. This is the small private island with only a helipad and a very small Navy radar site but, some very nice beaches. Kauai is promoted as the "garden Isle" and is the second oldest of the main Hawaiian Islands (after Niihau) and probably has the least number of tourist for such a large island. This one is for the nature lovers, and lovers in general.

You might want to check out the sights of Kauai just in case we go down that path. June may be the best month to visit Kauai, but, the sights do not change, no matter when you choose to visit. We have a magnificent little private airport on the North coast at Princeville; a huge, very well done military base on the Southwest corner known as Barking Sands. (That should create some research in how these places are named). The Na Pali coast on the west side of the island has almost no cultivation due to the sheer changes in elevation, but, has breath taking views from the air and from the water. The word canyon doesn't seem enough to describe the immense gorges in the landscape here. Some say that Waimea Canyon rivals the Grand Canyon in Arizona. It is greener, for sure. Kauai's Mount Waialeale is the wettest spot on earth (some say the 2nd wettest spot).

We also have a full featured commercial airport at Lihue with plenty of custom scenery close by. Those rotary wing pilots will have a ball checking out the sights and we have catered to the utility of the helicopter by building some very interesting sites to takeoff and land to stretch your legs and enjoy the sights like a tourist from unique lookout spots.

You can download some travel brochures and booklets and start becoming familiar with the lay of the land or just review the sights online. Google Kauai, Kauai terrain, Kauai scenery, Kauai Na Pali, Kauai North Shore, Kauai Island. Well, you get the idea.

And for those that may not know, this is the place Jurassic Park was filmed.

Aloha.

• Nice pics but I am starting to think that by the time this scenery is released MSFS 2020 will have made it redundant.

MFS2020 has a long ways to go to make this scenery redundant. Their scenery source is one of those three that I mentioned above, but, ours has so much more love, attention and creativity. 8o