About updates on September 22nd

• Indeed, coming from,

Mykonos Greece - Flight-Sim.org
    This is Mykonos Greece This is Mykonos Greece. Extract file to your documents folder.
    flight-sim.org

Unzipped the file and copied just the image to your FS4 Document folder.

Unfortunately this airport is not compatible for FS4

Here is the list of Greek islands in FS2 compatible for FS4

Proceed the same way and copy only the images

…/eu_gr (greece) - Flight-Sim.org

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited 2 times, last by Tomfa (September 26, 2023 at 7:20 AM).

Unfortunately this airport is not compatible for FS4

nothing easier than that:

eu_gr_lgmk_mykonos_airport_fs4.zip

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Aren't some things being mixed up here? If you look at the new streaming functions, this should not be mixed with other addon sceneries. As far as I have noticed, only autogen objects are streamed at the moment. Aerial images are still only available in very low resolution. I haven't seen any better-resolution aerial images yet.

Viele Grüße
    Jürgen

• Aren't some things being mixed up here? If you look at the new streaming functions, this should not be mixed with other addon sceneries. As far as I have noticed, only autogen objects are streamed at the moment. Aerial images are still only available in very low resolution. I haven't seen any better-resolution aerial images yet.

I understand your position, but it is also imperative in this beta version to also test the textures if they are compatible. For my part, I fear that IPACS will develop high definition textures for the rest of the planet in the near future.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Thanks Michael, but I wasn't talking about the FS AirportCreationTool versions, but this one from Colin ;)

I used my grandson's tool to convert the FS2 version of Collin into the FS4 version (recognizable by the short name, which is still the ICAO code) and then after removing the taxiway lights that didn't work in the ACT and some Other corrections then upload the TAP file to the ACT.

Some objects fell by the wayside (for now), but that can still be corrected.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

For me on the Mac, the beta works without any problems with my add-ons, which are all saved like this:

• NOT HERE:
      /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/addons/scenery
    • BUT HERE:
      /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/scenery

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Petition to the devs -> Don't put the cache in the user folder. The documents folder for me is redirected on onedrive. Meaning that you would clutter the whole 1TB cloud storage and permanently synch. Please load the stuff in the steam liberary folder

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

A380 beta September the 22rd.

In the PERF TAKEOFF page you can set throttle reduction altitude and acceleration altitude. Both by default set at 1000 FT AGL translated in FT MSL. You can change acceleration altitude by adding 2000 FT for example. At takeoff it works OK.

The weird behavior comes when you take off from a higher airport than sea level. For example Las Vegas at 2000 FT. But at Las Vegas the THR RED is 1600 FT by default and you can add 2000 FT to ACCEL which becomes 3600 FT.

If you take off like that the throttle reduction will happen at +1000 FT AGL as expected (so at 3000 FT MSL set at 1600 FT by default) and acceleration will start at +3000 FT AGL as expected (so 5000 FT MSL set at 3600 FT)!

Have a good night, don't have nightmares.

Best regards

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by FrankLFRS (September 27, 2023 at 8:37 AM).

• I have 3 questions: (I'm not currently using the beta)

1. ...

2. ...

3. How is the performance?

The performance is very good for me on a MacBookPro 2021. :)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• This is how my little corner of Australia looks in the AFS4 beta.

In this shot, you can see the buildings and trees have been very accurately placed - the trees are almost perfectly so, and from that, the street plan is clear.

The white shape at the upper left corresponds to a small farm which has about 4 hectares under polytubes.

The four round buildings (plus one smaller one) are actually the grain silos across the street, and the weighbridge office.

The silos are 24m high.

https://i.postimg.cc/pTynsgvh/FHhigh.jpg

In this pic, I am making a mock landing on the railway line which the silos were built beside.

The 92m AMSL contour passes between the third and fourth houses at the right.

The distant horizon looks very real, but the building types are wrong. Most of the homes are single-storey cottages, or single-storey buildings set up on stilts, making them about 8m high - not many flat roofs around. Of course the autogen is not meant to be a model,but it was easy to identify the town from about 5 miles/8km away, at 6000', by the shape. It is good work.

https://i.postimg.cc/fLFSpBWH/FHlow.jpg

This shows the real-life silos.

https://i.postimg.cc/qq36Tyzp/FHsilos.jpg

ATB,

Mike

Edited once, last by emfrat (September 27, 2023 at 11:01 AM).

• @MartinM: In the main.mcf of 'Documents/Aerofly FS 4/' you can manually specify a folder in the field

Code
    <[string8][network_streaming_folder][]>

Please be aware that the folder you specify there has to exist.

Like this

<[string8][network_streaming_folder][O:\AeroflyFS_Streaming\]>

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

Edited once, last by MartinM (September 27, 2023 at 1:38 PM).

• I can confirm Martins findings.

With this entry:

<[string8][network_streaming_folder][F:\afs4_resource_files]>

I get an empty folder in

c:\ ...\Documents\Aerofly FS 4\resource_files

the old one I copied:

F:\afs4_resource_files

and a new one with the new content here:

F:\afs4_resource_filesscenery

Cheers, Thomas