Aerofly Life Project

• Greetings fellow flight simmers,

I feel that it's about time to announce a special project that I'm working on that i'm sure will please the masses.

How many of you would like to see some life in Aerofly? Well, the time has come (or just about has come) :)

It's important for everyone to understand that this is not an official IPACS project or feature at this time but down the road it very much can be. For this feature to be made internal it will still need more work to make it fully 'deployable' to make it easy for us to add this everywhere. But for now I will only focus on the South Florida DLC. I may add this to other DLC's following but please don't hold me to it.

So, let's get down to it, I will be releasing a demo shortly that will add road and sea traffic, plus a couple of other Easter eggs that you will have to just find yourself :) A lot of detail has gone into this, including some highly detailed vehicles that match the real life counterparts. My focus right now is for proof of concept, and the proof is that it is pretty amazing and i'm sure everyone will agree.

I feel that this project is a long time coming and when you see it in action you too will agree that it brings Aerofly to the next level of realism.

Please give me a little bit more time with this as i'm still working out some minor items, and the Miami area is a bit busy so I want to try to fully capture that in this project.

For now, until I release the demo for all of you to enjoy, here are some sneak peeks (static ones but you get the idea).

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Very encouraging Jeff!

Can you comment on performance impact? I'm guessing it's not much but will the traffic density be adjustable?

Also looking forward to the HOW-TO guide which will probably be the most popular question you'll get over the next 24 hours :)

• Very encouraging Jeff!

Can you comment on performance impact? I'm guessing it's not much but will the traffic density be adjustable?

Also looking forward to the HOW-TO guide which will probably be the most popular question you'll get over the next 24 hours :)

Absolutely NO performance impact seen in VR and 2D respectively. There will be no density sliders at this time. I will only add the traffic according to how those areas are in the real locations (well, maybe even a little bit less than that even). Not all roads will have traffic but I will provide enough for it to be convincing and noticeable near each of the airports and scenic locations. In this infant stage a lot of this has to be done manually but I did write some Maxscripts to assist in the population of vehicles. I will explain all of this in detail down the road a bit.

I do plan to add a tutorial so that anyone can do this but there are a few limitations due to a problem with autoheight in some locations

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• This is some great news indeed! Jeff, you hinted a while back you were beginning to investigate animated traffic so this is heartening to hear you have made headway. No doubt a wonderful addition to the Aerofly experience so thanks for your efforts already.

If I am correct, it appears you will be laying traffic over photoreal roads, which though currently lower res than those fake roads of other sims, to me it is preferred in the long run as, in my opinion, it will just get better as the quality and resolution of photo real improves in the future.

• These are amazing news for Aerofly, especially if it really has no performance impact! It should finally make all the critics speechless who still say AFS performance is only so good because of the world beeing lifeless. You are definitely on the road (literally) to making the best flight simulator ever. Fantastic! 8)

Regards

Martin

• :)

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• Bringing life to AF2 and allowing users down the road to create their own traffic is on my top list. Jeff you are the man! Thank you for your efforts. Just made my day :)

-Jake

GTX 1080 Ti, i7-7700k 4.6, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD (AF2), Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Samsung Odyssey+