Oahu Island Scenery is being uploaded - it's big

• After a drain of our resources and some COVID interference we are back in full force and are preparing OAHU for uploading. The year end holidays added a bump in the road, but detours are normal for this team.

This freeware scenery will truly astound you with features and details never seen in FS2. More to come.

Regards,

Ray

• Wow - can't wait!!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• To the whole team of this Hawaii Project,

My eyes are shining, I can't wait to see the end result!:)

However my suggestion would be that you group this Hawaii project pack into a single folder like Apollo or Turkey Point for example,

because it's a big addon in the end, and that would avoid any sort of confusion during installation.

Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• To the whole team of this Hawaii Project,

My eyes are shining, I can't wait to see the end result!:)

However my suggestion would be that you group this Hawaii project pack into a single folder like Apollo or Turkey Point for example,

because it's a big addon in the end, and that would avoid any sort of confusion during installation.

Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!

Remember that we still have 3 parts to complete. The full package will indeed be a huge scenery package to download and install. Should one massive download not be practical, we may be able to anticipate many of the stumbling blocks by having all the elevations for all islands in one package.

It is amazing how difficult it is to get some users to follow simple installation instructions.

The good news is the remaining part 3 (could be either Maui County or the Big Island) and Part 4 (that last remaining package) will not be that far behind. All islands and airports are basically complete, along with many animations and very detailed malls and resorts. The holdup has been color matching due to the poor quality source orthos. Although, not perfect, we decided it is now or never.

You will appreciate the “shock and awe” at what this team was able to produce. Even more astonishing is that everything is totally free. There is so much to see that you may never fly high and fast again.

Regards,

Ray

• Thanks Ray for this information!

No, this was not a problem for me, because from the beginning I created a folder specially made for this like the one for Apollo for example, and put it in Documents / addons / scenery, and everything works fine.

I just wanted to suggest that this is the easiest way, because some will have trouble finding it by dispersing the files to the left and to the right.

I have no doubts for a moment of all the work this brilliant team does for the whole community, and more for free!

I can't wait to discover these new wonders

See you soon

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Hello Gang,

I spent most of the afternoon and early evening flying around Oahu looking for any last minute hitches. I did find a few, very few, faux pas here and there but, it would be a disservice to hold up the release another day. I'm not in the direct loop, but, I can tell you that baring any unforeseen obstacles we are only a day or two from uploading to Higgy's site for your download.

The post above by TomSimMuc showing the helios and stating the rotary heads will love Oahu is an understatement. I spent every minute today in the EC-135 so I could have a front row view of whatever I was looking for. I was astounded at the number of designated helipads and heliports that are included. Most are really high-end with their own animations and details and they are all over the island and even out in the water.

Our latest team member, ApfelFlieger, has been hard at work on the Naval side of things and in addition to properly placing a lot of static ships and boats around he has created a new Battle Group 5. This consists of a carrier, 2 cruisers, and 3 destroyers - each one with a working helipad. Surely, there must be a submarine close by (no helipad on the sub though). There is another carrier up near Kaneohe for practice takeoffs and landing.

We have included two grass strips for the low and slow folks and of course the big international airport - PHNL, Honolulu International is a real showplace with all new, never before seen in any sim, anywhere, all new terminals, parking garages, and control tower. These were built from actual high definition photos by our genius sim scenery builder, Balazs. Not to forget animations, we have a brand new last minute A320 with local colors (and more big ones) continuously flying tube type patterns to and fro PHNL. Those long flights from the west coast of US and Canada will be welcomed at these new terminal.

The military base at Kaneohe Bay is a functioning a very active Marine Corps base and usually has a ton of interesting static aircraft in and around the base. Ford Island is built as a functioning large grass runway right in the middle of Pearl Harbor. Hickam AFB is actually a Joint Military Base and a Joint International airport and has a the F-22 as standard fare for fighter protection.

There is so much marine traffic that even I keep finding new and different boats and ships just off the beach. They are everywhere. I guess those tourists with Covid have no place to go so they are just circling the islands.

The resorts are outstanding with improved golf courses, hotels, villas and such. I don't think we missed a single wind turbine on the island. We may even have an extra one for good measure.

We have custom built bridges, elevated interstate highways, stadiums, hospitals, monuments, and such. We have dozens of new custom built static aircraft and we have a few secrets that you will just have to discover yourself.

I didn't cover everything, you will need to discover the other stuff on your own.

Regards,

Ray

• Jetjockey10 January 5, 2021 at 2:49 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Our freeware Hawaii Islands Scenery alive and well” to “Our freeware Oahu Island Scenery is being packed for shipment”.
  • Here is one of our two grass strips on Oahu that we use for skydiving, glider flights, shade tree mechanic work, cookouts, cattle raising, flight instruction, and general anything and everything.

From the cow pasture looking at the wind turbines and western part of the runway.

We call it Kalae, but, for the life of me, I can't remember how we came up with that name. I pushed for some grass runways here and there and Tom and Jake were most agreeable and this one just grew on us. Great little getaway backwoods airport. Beach close by, I have an ICON A5 anchored a couple of 100 yards from the end of the runway, just for change of pace I keep it in one of the hangars for convenience.

• is that a static icon or is that available somewhere?

We have a static ICON A5 that we use both in flight and anchored. The one in the image above is a flying beta test version. It looks great, but need some finishing work. The developer has not made it available to the public.

Regards,

Ray

• Wow .. this all looks great !

"The Gang is back in town" ähhh on island :) :)

Most of the team is back and working at 105% on the reactor. I really missed the helicopters when on my sabbatical.

• Wow .. this all looks great !

"The Gang is back in town" ähhh on island :) :)

You might need to clean out some of that old stuff and make room a some really large incoming files and folders. I hear that Part 3 will be right on the tail of Oahu. This will be Maui County - four islands (Molokai, Lanai, Maui, and Kahoolawe. Lot of scenic flights here with super elevation changes. Once Parts 1, 2, AND 3 are done, only the Big Island of Hawaii remains and it is also pretty far along.