This is an old revision of the document!
Basic settings joystick (PC)
Open “Settings” in the main menu and choose “Control” in the submenu. At the bottom of the new window you`ll find the recognized and usable USB-Joysticks. If you don`t find any entries please plug in your joystick once again and wait for a while. Select “Primary” to set up your joystick and proceed as follows:
Programming joystick axis
- Click left in the mid field of the function you want to program the joystick.
- Follow the displayed instructions to move e.g. the rudder to the right or the throttle to maximum
- Control your settings by the moving the white bar
- The settings will be saved automatically
- If you want to delete a setting click once again on the mid bar and press “Delete” on your keyboard
Programming joystick buttons or keyboard
Proceed as follows to program functions such as like flaps or brakes.
- Click left in the smaller fields at the function you want to program.
- Press the button on the joystick or keyboard for the functions you wish to program.
- Please note that many functions need two buttons or keys to increase or decrease
- Unordered List ItemThe settings will be saved automatically
Separate joystick and rudder pedals
If you want to use separate rudder pedals please proceed as follows:
- Plug in the joystick and pedals directly to two different USB plugs at your computer
- If you want to use a USB hub please use an active one with your own power supply
- Wait until windows has installed the USB driver for any USB devices you want to use
- Start aerofly FS2 and open “Settings” / “Control” (image)
- If you see all USB devices at the bottom, start programing the single functions:
- Click the throttle function and move the throttle on the joystick to full power
- Click the elevator (aileron) function and move the joystick down (right)
- Click the rudder function and move the rudder pedals to the right
- Open the folder to see both wheel brakes (left and right)
- All settings will be saved automatically
Troubleshooting joystick and other USB devices
If you have any problem in programming the buttons or axis on your USB device then please click on the displayed USB device button at the “Primary” menu. After that you`ll see this interface. Here you can enable or disable your USB device and double check all axes and buttons. You can`t program axes or buttons via this interface but check the function.