This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
Aerofly FS 2 supports a wide variety of joysticks and gamepads from various manufacturers. For most of these controllers Aerofly FS 2 also features a default assignment. However, Aerofly FS 2 is fully customizable, so if you want to change a certain function, this can be achieved by using the 'Controls' menu.
Basic controller setup (PC)
Open 'Settings' in the main menu and choose 'Controls' in the submenu. At the bottom of the new window you'll find the recognized joysticks, gamepads and other compatible controllers. If you don't see a connected controller, please plug it in once again and wait for a while. Select 'Primary' to set up your joystick and proceed as follows:
Assigning controller axes to functions
- Click left in the mid field of the function you want to program the controller
- Follow the displayed instructions to move e.g. the rudder to the right or the throttle to maximum
- Check your setting by observing the movement of the white bar
- The assignment will be saved automatically
- If you want to delete an assignment click once again on the mid bar and press the 'Backspace' key on your keyboard
Assigning joystick buttons or keys
Proceed as follows to program functions such as flaps or brakes:
- Click left in the smaller fields at the function you want to program.
- Press the button on the joystick or keyboard for the functions you wish to program.
- Please note that many functions need two buttons or keys to increase or decrease
- The settings will be saved automatically
Separate joystick and rudder pedals
- Plug in the joystick and pedals directly to two different USB plugs at your computer
- If you want to use a USB hub please use an active one with your own power supply
- Wait until windows has installed the USB driver for any USB devices you want to use
- Start aerofly FS2 and open “Settings” / “Control” (image)
- If you see all USB devices at the bottom, start programing the single functions:
- Click the throttle function and move the throttle on the joystick to full power
- Click the elevator (aileron) function and move the joystick down (right)
- Click the rudder function and move the rudder pedals to the right
- Open the folder to see both wheel brakes (left and right)
- All settings will be saved automatically
Troubleshooting joystick and other USB devices
If you have any problem in programming the buttons or axis on your USB device then please click on the displayed USB device button at the “Primary” menu. After that you`ll see this interface. Here you can enable or disable your USB device and double check all axes and buttons. You can`t program axes or buttons via this interface but check the function.
Most joysticks and gamepads should be calibrated by default. However if you connected joystick is not properly calibrated, you can do so in the 'Controls' menu. At the bottom left corner of the screen, click on your device shown in the box. At the top right corner of the next screen, click on the symbol that looks like a target. Then follow the instructions to move and center the sticks and throttle slider.