XREF library objects that don't show off

• Dear IPACS team,

The XREF library is pretty cool and quite straight forward to use, at least for 3DSMax users (I think we should imagine a dummy we place without 3D modelling tool, for instance via MCX, but that's another topic).

I could easily populate my test bed AD with several of your object. Some of them however won't display in AFS2, despite placed in the same object group as other objects from the same library that properly show up on my AD.

I haven't tested them all, but at least the following items form the xref_usa_airport library don't show up in my AD:

- suv_big_01_virtual

- suv_big_02_virtual

- TankTruck_virtual

- TankTruckTrailer_virtual

Other items form the same library work properly, so it's not just the complete library.

I double-checked the object name spelling (copy-paste from the library).

Thanks in advance for having a look at it.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• There are also missing objects in the "xref_usa" library. This is a pending matter IPACS was supossedly working on for weeks. In fact, back in January Rodeo was very helpful on identifying the missing textures in the different sets.

Now, I guess the only thing they should do is to upload the updated xref libaries.

Cheers, Ed

• Thanks Ed for the info...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• XRef objects from our USA set referenced lets say in Europe are not always working as we load those XRef objects only if we are close to the USA region.

One can manually fix this by editing the ref TSC file but this will not work after an update.

We are aware of this and we change the XRef system, so more objects of our library are available all over the world.

• It's done, or still pending?. Sorry for asking, but you kindly tell us something more specific?.

Cheers, Ed

As Torsten stated above, This is still in progress but if you wish to get it working now please follow the instructions that he noted.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi all,

got a question: from the Xref library, is it possible to place some typical Switzerland-DLC objects, like swiss grass military hangar, or durisol hangar ?`

Thank you for your help !

Best regards, Herve

I think those hangars are specific to the Switzerland DLC. Rodeo is getting very good at building unique 3d objects. He may be able to build these military objects for you to add.

Regards,

Ray

• There are many nice objects in the xref files that could be used to enhance the scenery. I mainly work with objects from the xref_ch directory. However some objects do not show up in scenery (e.g. samedan houses). Others show up very nicely (see picture below of a saanen house which I set just for test purposes).

What is the reason that some do not show up?

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Vraiment super l'aide apportée par IPACS ... question du 18 février 2019 ... il faut patienter jusqu'à quand ?

Ah, j'ai compris ... attendre la sortie de FS11 ... la question sera alors résolue.

Ciao !

CPU Intel Core I7 6700 K @4.00 Ghz + BiQuiet Pure Rock - CM Asusteck MAXIMUS VIII RANGER - RAM GSkill Ripjaws4 DDR4 3000 16 GB - NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB - 2x SSD Samsung 500 GB 850 EVO - DD WD 2 TO.

• However some objects do not show up in scenery (e.g. samedan houses). (...)

What is the reason that some do not show up?

A potential reason is xref object name. Since we don't have a list of them for ch, we only have texture names for guessing what could be the corresponding object name. If the texture isn't named the same as the object, it won't work.

Cheers

Antoine

• Admin

I don't know if IPACS is aware, that the greatest advances and additions have been published by free developers / enthusiasts the last six month.

The more it surprises me, that they do not support these more:

1) publishing all xref model names they have

2) making the content converter more robust for transparency problems (converting multiple textures correctly etc)

3) signalling the end of conversion from geoconvert to a calling program

4) publishing a tool to split monster cultivations into managable chunks / more automation for bigger areas

5) an exporter for model converterX allowing to export animation sequences. A solution for 3dsMax only is for too expensive for most of the free developers.

I think on the far end, supporting here would result in a greater number of sceneries available for the IPACS universe.

Cheers, Thomas

Edited once, last by TomSimMuc (December 6, 2019 at 11:59 AM).

• XRef objects from our USA set referenced lets say in Europe are not always working as we load those XRef objects only if we are close to the USA region.

One can manually fix this by editing the ref TSC file but this will not work after an update.

We are aware of this and we change the XRef system, so more objects of our library are available all over the world.

This is from march 2018. I doubt whether ipacs really has an interest in these private developer initiatives. I do not think that this is a their strategy, at least they do not give that perception, too little happened over the last years. It's a pity.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Completely agree with you, it’s really disappointing and discouraging.

Ipacs is gone for the mobile version, probably more financially profitable, but guys, a mobile version this is not simulation, sorry.

• Ipacs is gone for the mobile version, probably more financially profitable, but guys, a mobile version this is not simulation, sorry.

Not true, as we said many times before: A new mobile version doesn't mean we abandoned the desktop version. They go hand in hand and we're already looking forward to pushing out that next big update! :)

Regarding the other things, we're quite busy with our next big features. If we go quiet it is because we're hard at work. :)

• Regarding the other things, we're quite busy with our next big features. If we go quiet it is because we're hard at work. :)

In the meantime, we will take this answer as alternate and in stanby:/

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4