AFS2 Cultivation/Scenery editor

• Is it possible to change the build height (floors) of several buildings all at once? I tried to Ctrl-click on several buildings and then right-click to edit them but no luck. Even if I Ctrl-mouse to box-select several buildings, the right-click options are only duplicate or delete - I'm guessing group edit is not possible with the current version, correct?

Yeah it should be, see original post. It's limited from 1 to 5 floors via NUM1 to 5 (though if you don't have a numpad then it may not be possible without simulating the key).

Hotkeys:

• Numpad 1 to 5 can be used to change floors on the selection area if they contain buildings
  • Thanks for the reminder Nabeel.

Future functionality request #1 - I'd also like to do a group change on roof type or building type. My current scenProc building script is area-based so small footprints default to 1-2 story gable/residential buildings but often on the major streets, the small footprints are small businesses that should be flat/industrial. I'd like to group select those footprints on both sides of those streets and change them as a group versus editing each one.

Future functionality request #2 - when you edit a building footprint, it would be nice if you could Shft-drag one of the 4 corners to re-size the rectangle (opposite corner stays anchored). Currently you have to drag 3 of the 4 corners to reduce the rectangle size.

• Request 1, I think I may look into an option (on the right click menu) to apply certain one-time changes to all of selection or something.

Request 2 is actually difficult due to the library I'm using, and this is because essentially you're not editing a rectangle but a polygon on a geospatial plane. A rectangle isn't valid geoJSON either (I do a lot of conversion when loading data and when saving data to ensure it adheres to the AFS2 format). Anyways It is possible but I'd need to re-write the edit code for editing polygon on the library I use (maptalks) which might be a bit more complicated.

I know there's quite a bit of stuff I want to do, I've only got to work on it the first few weeks on January. Unfortunately I did start a new job and with the amount of commute currently I'm finding it hard to have time to work on this, spend time with the family, etc.

Anyhows, I'll see what I can do this weekend (and I realise I've said this about every other weekend now!)

• Nabeel,

You may have already bumped up the 2500 tree limit. If not, please give us a lot more room for making thick forests.

Regards,

Ray

• Having a hard time to save files that are larger than 500mb

X-Plane 11.3x / DCS 2.5.4 / P3Dv4.5 / Aerofly FS 2

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z270E | Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• Yes it is, but there are some toc files you cannot load. I tried with the ones from IPACS Switzerland Meiringen. There is a building over the Radar installation which I added. But as said, cultivation.toc does not load.

Cultivation files created with sceneproc work, as long as you don‘t get over 300-400mb. Thats my experience.

X-Plane 11.3x / DCS 2.5.4 / P3Dv4.5 / Aerofly FS 2

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z270E | Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• If the toc-files are compiled they cannot be loaded anymore into AFS2 Scenery Editor. Toc-files can be compiled with the content converter from the sdk. There is no possibility to recompile them.

That's why I do not use ORBX's compiled cultivation files for Switzerland but drassauds toc-files from sim-flight.org.

Best regards,

Thomas

i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz, Geforce GTX 1080, 32MB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, 1TB HD, 32" Monitor 4K, Oculus Rift

Edited once, last by TomB ().

• Thanks for the replies; after some digging I discovered these same facts. I wanted to remove some buildings in a few cultivation files provided by others but found I could not because they were compiled and inaccessible. Also, as Martin pointed out, large file sizes either will not load or if they do cannot be saved after editing.

Love the program though...