Aerofly Life Project - Version 1.7 NOW AVAILABLE !

• What I'm wondering is how we get this into all DLCs in volume. Can it be automated from OSM data or does it need manual identification of the driving path. If the latter does it lend itself to an fsCloudPort style crowdsourcing project where you can draw lines using Google's mapping API, capture paths as geo vectors and compile that into tgi files for tmb conversion.

Its a shame the geo path isn't more exposed in the TSC file so it can be ascii edited but if we can find out how its done in the tgi there will be a way. I can batch process things in AC3D if need be which has tgi export but better if we can code the writing of the tgi directly.

• I made a small video because only moving images can show the added functionality in this demo-add into the area of Key West:

enjoy the driving cars, busses and RV's into some roads of Key West....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

Edited 3 times, last by ikbenik (March 22, 2019 at 10:46 AM).

• Strange: here on this site the YouTube-file won't start, if I copy the link directly in my webbrowser it does without problems, raison?

This is the link I get...

Code
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOMEyl-0SOo&feature=youtu.be

... but I don't see any video, no matter how I edit the link.

• This is the link I get...

Code
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOMEyl-0SOo&feature=youtu.be

... but I don't see any video, no matter how I edit the link.

Hi ikbenik

I don't get the video as well.

Did you use music which causes geoblocking?

Did you upload it as a private video?

Now it's OK.....was not finished in the proces of 'publishing' , sorry.....is now well playable in the original posting.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• Jeff, as you endeavor to improve on this work, might I request adding a few sailboat models whose sails are deployed. I didn't come across any in my perusal of the demo areas just sailboats with mast and stays only.

Personally I would like to see sailboats actually sailing not just motoring. I would think this would improve the perceived movement of the vessels as well. Just a little request from a fan of the work to date.

• Jeff, as you endeavor to improve on this work, might I request adding a few sailboat models whose sails are deployed. I didn't come across any in my perusal of the demo areas just sailboats with mast and stays only.

Personally I would like to see sailboats actually sailing not just motoring. I would think this would improve the perceived movement of the vessels as well. Just a little request from a fan of the work to date.

---> YESSSSS !!!!....this one and visible front-/backlights of the cars at night would be almost mandatory for a todays flight-sim.

Thank you in advance!

All the best.

• Hi everyone, thank you for the motivation to continue with this feature :)

As of now here's where i'm at; I plan on improving the bridge area near the Tavernaero airfield so that the vehicles move over it better and not go into the ground at each end. After this I plan on completing the remaining airports; Homestead ARB and the remaining 3 Miami area airports.

I may add a couple more 'goodies' along the way which I will release as updates throughout. As for the lighted head/tail lights, I do have a working model of this and once I work in a plan to update all of the vehicles without having to do all of them over again, once I do you will have an update with this working as well.

I also plan on releasing a basic tutorial on how to do this, unfortunately animating anything in Aerofly can ONLY be done by using 3DS Max at this time. Please give me some time on getting this out to everyone as there are some limitations currently that can cause problems in high altitude or 'hilly' locations. This will all be worked out in time.

As for providing the community with the models that I used, unfortunately I can not provide these models as they are purchased commercial models in which only I own. They are all royalty free but I am the only owner that's allowed to distribute them in a project. You can however purchase them yourselves to use them for your own projects or shared projects. If anyone wants links to them just let me know and i'll be happy to provide them to you (none of them were over $20 each)

I am continuing work on this project but please keep in mind that not only do I work full time still as a CIO but also work full time for IPACS so my time is very limited. I do plan on progressing this exciting project and hopefully in time we will have a way to mass produce this feature internally so that it will be everywhere.

PS; I will add/convert some animated sailboats with their sails up :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Also love the big gunship boat, the one by the cruise liners in key west. Although not landable, still a lot of fun hovering and keeping position over the stern.

That is a local Coast Guard ship. They are actually stationed there and the path that it's on is one of the exact paths they take from port to port. There is also a little commuter boat that goes back and forth from Sunset Key (that small island out in the water) to Sunset Pier, that too is a real-life path

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• It's really nice! Luckily also from higher altitudes: I never fly as low as in the posted video because it spoils the immersion for me. ;) Even when the traffic is nothing more than a few moving pixels it really gives an idea of a living world down there. And the floating cars aren't a problem at all at that altitude too. ;) Great addition! Hope to see more traffic soon!

Also nice to see that, even though there isn't much traffic yet, it has zero impact on performance.

• Even when the traffic is nothing more than a few moving pixels it really gives an idea of a living world down there.

Yes, agree. And therefore it is possible to use low-poly 3D models (vehicles). Anyway, I hope that an increased car traffic will not reduce the great performance.

The point is: Great performance is more important than heavy car traffic. :thumbup:

• The masts are already up. It is the sails that are missing. AFAIAC the more boats the better.

I would even like to see some 3D static boats in some of the slips in the dlcs.

Regards,

Ray

Yes, the sailboats move with reefed sails on the water, and it can be hard to distinguish them among the stationary sail boats, which are the same models. It would be really nice to add deployed sails, as it improves the illusion of movement too.

Thank you so much Jeff for going on with this "milestone of a project" ; since years I'm waiting for a living world in any aerofly FS.

All the very best.

• That is a local Coast Guard ship. They are actually stationed there and the path that it's on is one of the exact paths they take from port to port. There is also a little commuter boat that goes back and forth from Sunset Key (that small island out in the water) to Sunset Pier, that too is a real-life path

Great addition. Thankyou. Is it possible to make the back of the coast guard ship landable?