A thread for AeroScenery beta releases, to keep the pinned thread somewhat clean.
There's a beta release of AeroScenery available here, which includes 10 new orthophoto sources.
This took longer than expected, but the good news is that I've coded a generic orthophoto provider that can handle almost any tiled image source.
Please read the notes below before trying it out. Thanks.
If you've tested a new orthophoto source, including running GeoConvert, and tested that it aligns correctly with an airport runway, please post here.
- This is beta quality. There will be bugs. Use a previous release if you're in the middle of a project with AeroScenery.
- This release is a zip, you can keep your existing AeroScenery install and run this from the folder
- This release will read and write to your existing settings and AeroScenery database
- If you want to run older AeroScenery releases, you need to set the "Image Source" back to Google or Bing in this beta release before closing the app. Failure to do so will prevent older AeroScenery from starting.
- The new orhotphoto providers have had minimal testing. I've checked that it's generating a stitched image for the correct area. There may be issues with coordinates and therefore alignment
- For the above reason, don't use this release to start a scenery project with a new orthophoto provider until you've tested it with a small area
- The best way to test is to install an FSCloudPort airport for a new area. Generate a some scenery around that area and check that everything is aligned
- The settings for these new orthophoto sources are hardcoded in this release. I need to figure out a new config section for these with the possibility of an auto-update. I decided to deal with this later and get a release out.
pmb , could you confirm if this is fixed for you?