Oahu Island Scenery is being uploaded - it's big

• Well, that sounds promising, thanx big time! A first attempt delivered encouraging results. May have to set buildings to low still, but there are more than enough left.

I would assume the devs would call that "Perlen vor die Säue werfen", but at least I can fly there now :love:

I guess I can tinker around a bit by "switching" folders on and off and see what happens and dis-/appears? Would it be possible to relocate some subfolders from the special_folders, e.g. the carrier group, to have these (objects on the ocean might not be an issue)?

• I guess I can tinker around a bit by "switching" folders on and off and see what happens and dis-/appears? Would it be possible to relocate some subfolders from the special_folders, e.g. the carrier group, to have these (objects on the ocean might not be an issue)?

Absolutely! If you are going to tinker around and move folders, make sure you have a backup just in case.

However by manipulating and moving folders, this now makes the batch files irrelevant. But if you have a very slow pc, then do what you have to do to make it work. :)

• That was a bit early to celebrate. Even with the folders "turned off" as indicated above, every time I turn "into the island", FPS drop down to 15 or something. Taking off from PHNL 08R and circling the island anti-clockwise. Turning left on the eastern edge makes frames drop big time.

Thanks for your efforts, though! May have to stay away from Honolulu, what a shame.

• Wow, as a longtime xp11 heli flyer this looks like it's going to make me try fs2 again, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; Win10 pro, i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, zotac rtx 3090, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd, corsair gold 750w psu, Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Vive Pro w/etsty gear VR lens mod, and Quest 1+2 (w/Link and wireless w/VD and Air Link). Asus VG248QE external 1080p 144hz gaming monitor.

• What sort of hardware would allow ultra settings here?

This looks special!

Take at look at ZoSoChili's specs in his signature above. That should be close.

A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o
    Out now: Hawaiian Islands 8) Part 1: Kauai + Niihau v2 and Part 2 Oahu Island.

On short final Part 3: Molokai, Maui, Lanai, Kohoolawe + Molokini Crater

• What sort of hardware would allow ultra settings here?

This looks special!

I don't know specifics since this was done by TomSimMuc

My last PC:

1080ti, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram

60 FPS with VSync on.

Often 150+ FPS without VSync

I personally don't run the 'ultra setting' batch file as it has objects/features I don't find necessary.

• Just finished installing the new Honolulu area. What brilliant work!. I have never been to Hawaiian Islands, but after flying around the Islands it gives you a real feeling of being there. Thanks so much for all the time and effort that all have put into this project.

Regards,

Carl

Laptop I7-7700HQ - 2.8/3.6hz, Nvida GeForce GTX 1050 4g, 16gb mem, ssd256 GB +ssd 2.0TB, Win10

• I originally bought FS2 2.5 years ago on a Steam sale but I was not very impressed, esp. since there were no heli's. So I got a refund and went back to xp11.

After looking at this Oahu scenery addon, plus the fact that FS2 now has 2x heli's, I decided to buy/try this again (not even on a Steam sale, lol!). After a full day of flying a R22 around Oahu I gotta say I'm very glad I gave FS2 another go.

Many thanks to the developers of the scenery and of course FS2 developers as well. I'm having a ball with this now. Cheers.

Custom built gaming desktop; Win10 pro, i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, zotac rtx 3090, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd, corsair gold 750w psu, Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Vive Pro w/etsty gear VR lens mod, and Quest 1+2 (w/Link and wireless w/VD and Air Link). Asus VG248QE external 1080p 144hz gaming monitor.

After looking at this Oahu scenery addon, plus the fact that FS2 now has 2x heli's, I decided to buy/try this again (not even on a Steam sale, lol!). After a full day of flying a R22 around Oahu I gotta say I'm very glad I gave FS2 another go.

Many thanks to the developers of the scenery and of course FS2 developers as well. I'm having a ball with this now. Cheers.

There are more helicopters:

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configuration: MacBookPro 15-inch, 2018; Pocessor: 2,9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9; RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4; Graphics board: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB)

• After looking at this Oahu scenery addon, plus the fact that FS2 now has 2x heli's, I decided to buy/try this again (not even on a Steam sale, lol!). After a full day of flying a R22 around Oahu I gotta say I'm very glad I gave FS2 another go.

The AFS2 R22 is the most accurate R22 I've found in any sim. It's not perfect, but it's better than all the rest.

There are two other freeware Heli's available on this forum. An AH-64, and a Lynx. Both by larrylynx

• Thanks guys, I'll try these other heli's out soon. For now, I'm too busy with my R22. I love its VR visibility and I think it feels a bit more realistic than most of my xp11 heli's. You really need to fly it properly when taking off and landing (= more fun).

Found a nice little Easter egg along Waikiki beach btw (large colourful hanging banner with developer credits). I'm sure that there's lots of other cool things to find on Oahu.

I also bought the Chicago Meigs field addon. I've always loved that field. Maybe one day it will be recommissioned. Nice to see a few animations but not nearly as well done as Oahu imho. Maybe there are some simple addon animations for Meigs I can download?

Given the quality of Oahu, I'm feeling the need to donate, lol!

• I also bought the Chicago Meigs field addon. I've always loved that field. Maybe one day it will be recommissioned. Nice to see a few animations but not nearly as well done as Oahu imho. Maybe there are some simple addon animations for Meigs I can download?

Thanks for the kind words!

In regards to Animation around Meigs.

https://flight-sim.org/filebas…chicago-meigs-field-kcgx/