All of you public beta testers out there - POST YOUR BUGS HERE

• Official Post

First off, thank you very much for the open responses to our latest beta update. We need this in order to find any bugs that may have been missed throughout our very extensive test runs. There were a couple of things that I did not test prior to our release of this update.

1) SteamVR mode

2) Any HMU other than the Oculus Rift

3) any PC slower than an i7 with 980m GPU

Thanks to all of you we are now aware of a couple of possible bugs with SteamVR mode with Vulkan and anyone using WMR, Vive Pro, or Samsung VR systems.

If you are having any issues please let us know (please remember to post your TM log located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder) when you post, that will help a lot.

For now, if you are having a problem, you can either use the OpenGL renderer for now or opt out of beta if you are crashing regardless of renderer.

Before anything, please remember to update your video card drivers (as it's very important) and delete your main.mcf file first.

To make it easier for us please post your bugs here

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Bad behaviour of thrust reversers on the B737, B747 and A320 (mapped to a slider on the joystick and the reverser don't work with the slider). The only way they do work is with the F2 key (mapped to that key in the keyboard). The learjet is working ok wih both the joystick slider and the F2 key.

• One small issue I have in VR if I press the "Oculus" button to get into the view manager in VR, the view manger screen (the one that shows the two controllers and what the buttons do), flickers between each eye. Happens both on OpenGL and in Vulkan mode. GTX1070

• Also, something changed in the cultivation, that all gabled roofs have dissapeared, only the flat-roofed buildings remain.

Yes, I've installed the nice Rheine scenery, free download designed by Rodeo, thank you very much.

At Rheine there are a lot of houses which are all simple blocks, some are completely white

and some have a black top but no roofs or windows or textures of any kind. Not very nice.  

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• Just saw it looks exactly at Rheine like what TomB reported from Switzerland. He made a screenshot, it's the same.

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

• So now I left the beta, thanks to Steam this is easy, they are great. And the scenery at Rheine works now, the buildings at town have roofs and colors.

The airfield has a nice grass texture now which was a light green plane only before.

See this screenshot here and if you have the beta installed go there and compare it. To me it seems that this scenery is completely ruined by the beta.

And I also saw around the airfield what this pilot here reported:

The cultivation shows palms where other vegetation has been defined.

• Airbus shades are completely black: should they be a bit transparent?

Don't know if this is new but I tried the clouds for the first time in ages and while performance was good with Vulkan (they sometimes gave me stutters in the past) the clouds suddenly rotated during my flight. Looked like they were placed at an 45 degree angle.

Another Airbus thing: before every turn the plane seems to turn rather steep in the opposite direction first.

Edited 6 times, last by J van E (July 2, 2018 at 11:45 AM).

• Yes, I've installed the nice Rheine scenery, free download designed by Rodeo, thank you very much.

At Rheine there are a lot of houses which are all simple blocks, some are completely white

and some have a black top but no roofs or windows or textures of any kind. Not very nice.  

Hi,

I'll talk to IPACs and hope I can 'repair' the scenery. Just give me some days.

• LJ45 does not capture LOC properly anymore, it swings left-right-left etc. Tested on ILS RWY 34 LSZH (Zurich). heading 335, ILS 110.75.

Edit: I guess it may have to do with this from the change-log: - Added Advanced Autopilot predicts localizer overshoot and increases bank angle as needed.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

Edited once, last by TomB (July 4, 2018 at 9:57 AM).

• Can you please explain how I can reproduce this?

Create a plan and let the AP fly it. ;) When a turn is tighter than around 70 degrees the plane turns in the opposite direction before turning the correct way. I will make a screenshot the next time!

• Cessna Open GL

RMI is no longer slaved to the remote compass. It is fixed at 090 degrees. I could not find an on off switch for it. Baron is OK. There is no ADF/RMI rotation key/axis option in control settings and if this is a deliberate (realistic!) downgrade there is no cockpit bearing selection knob for adjustments.

(Very probably an existing and possibly true feature. Monterey 10 threshold DME indicates 1.2 nm. I could not find a reference to this in SkyVector information. The 385 KHz MR locator 5.6 DME is correct)

tm.log.txt

• Can you please explain how I can reproduce this?

Here is an example: the turn is to the left but the plane banks to the right first.

Another example: as you can see the plane also doesn't follow the green line: it always flies it wide. The first shot is at the start of the turn:

And here is where the turn left actually takes place (a lot more steep than needed and to wide):

Edited once, last by J van E (July 2, 2018 at 5:27 PM).